Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but those contributing often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated for their work.
Gitcoin is an incentivization power-tool for open source software projects. Our mission is to grow & sustain open source software, most commonly in web3 ecosystems. We have helped software developers raise over $10mm by enabling institutions and the community to fund each other with cryptocurrency. This means, gone are the days of relying on user-extraction models to build and sustain products that are so common in web2.
We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce various types of content to engage and inspire our community. This person will blog regularly to expand our community’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and business. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, project management skills and ideally familiarity with our web3 ethos.
If you understand how to engage with and inspire technical audiences, and are a savvy wordsmith with basic graphic design skills this job is for you. We would love for this person to also be a welcoming presence in virtual events and familiar with a remote-first culture. Below we detail some of our expectations.
- Create two pieces of key content per month to engage with our community, and drive growth for our business (as measured by key KPIs). This might include blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.
- Plan and host webinar events in coordination with marketing, sales, and success teams including communications with speakers, coordination of timing, and execution of community building.
- Create template designs and content used in our email sends.
- Manage and work with the design team for sophisticated design needs that empower and emphasize the content we are generating.
- Write, schedule, and post content on social media channels aligned with overall marketing strategy using the cadence and tenor of Gitcoin brand.
- Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker.
- Welcoming and open personality capable of directing webinar events and driving participation.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, meet deadlines, and fulfill project expectations.
- Knowledge and command of each social media network.
- Basic understanding of programming languages, open source software, and Github.
- Ability to work remotely and participate in virtual meetings.
- Bonus: Basic graphic design skills.
- Bonus: Familiarity with web3 ethos and how to build communities.
This is likely part time. Though we are a fully remote team, preference will be given to US based applicants.
How to Apply
Email [email protected] with your resume, and your favorite meme.