At Sifchain we are in the process of launching an Omnichain Decentralized Exchange. This is a unique technical undertaking that continues to attract interest and excitement from a multitude of well known investors in the blockchain sphere. In fact, the private sale round was oversubscribed within two days of its announcement. Investors recognize that our offering has unique benefits over both CEXes and existing DEXes, and has the potential to fundamentally change the DeFi ecosystem. The team is led by a blockchain architect from Thorchain, which raised its liquid market cap from $1M to over $150M in two years.
The blockchain engineering team at Sifchain is looking for a talented chief of staff to assist the CEO in key aspects of the business so as to define and deliver against a coherent product roadmap.
As a Chief of Staff you would serve as strategic advisor and counsel to the CEO, assume day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks, and create and maintain cross-departmental and cross-organizational relationships.
Your work would both directly and indirectly affect multiple blockchains and their auxiliary systems. You should be comfortable with the core primitives of blockchain, including distributed systems, fault tolerance, security, cryptography, networking, microeconomics, and performance optimization. You should be willing to assist the furthering of any blockchain or on cross-chain platforms such as ChainBridge, Peggy, Rosetta, and Rainbow Bridge.
You would also assist in the structuring and maintenance of developer relationships (dev rels), business development, marketing, community engagement, and other outbound communications. You would be responsible for maintaining a steady stream of updates about Sifchain to the broader crypto community through our social media campaign which will run in tandem with a tour of podcasts, publications, and other long-form content. You would coordinate this effort with the CEO and a group of seasoned cryptocurrency marketing professionals across many domiciles.
As a Sifchain team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers specializing in devops, distributed systems, system architecture, testing, and other related fields. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core Sifchain team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is helpful but we are primarily interested in capacity to grow into the role. You should have prior experience in developing high-quality backend architecture and some passing knowledge of how such architecture principles should apply to blockchains or be able to learn it. You should be willing to learn and extend the technical architecture of entirely new blockchain protocols. You should also have sound interpersonal skills, emotional depth, clarity of mind, vision, and execution prowess.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Researching external blockchain systems, understanding how they implement solutions to core blockchain problems (such as consensus, account management, cryptography, fungibility, identity, data storage, and performance), and designing ways to integrate them with Sifchain
- Collaborating with developers on application-specific features such as liquidity pools, margin trading, liquidity mining, custom consensus logic, and order books into a blockchain at both the smart contract and protocol level
- Evaluating the microeconomic (decision theoretic and game theoretic) attributes of a cryptoeconomic design in terms of practicality, fairness, completeness, and capital efficiency, as well as identifying and documenting the relevant assumptions and externalities
- Overseeing the deploying, testing, and benchmarking nodes (such as validators and miners) in many different cloud environments and with different configurations
- Overseeing the implementation of apt technical documentation and well-commented code for open source consumption
- Collaborating with developers on all parts of the stack internally for auxiliary products such as wallets and block explorers
- Participating in open source development on shared resources with external development teams
- Communicating progress to Sifchain’s developer community through Youtube, Telegram, Discord, and developer forums in coordination with a technical product manager
- Manage competing interests of multiple stakeholders inside and outside of the team to drive consensus and key outcomes
- Collaborate with the product managers and developers throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- 3+ years product, engineering, or operations experience
- Ability to streamline and organize projects and people
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Excellent communication skills allowing you to adapt to different stakeholders
- Ability to present technical concepts in a business-friendly fashion
- Strong passion for innovation
- Strong drive to create an excellent client experience
- Independent and self-driven
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile development (SCRUM)
- Background in cryptography, networking, or distributed systems
- Background in academic economics or finance
- Familiarity with Cosmos, Tendermint, Thorchain
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language
- Familiarity with Ethereum development tools like Drizzle, Truffle, and Infura
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, GraphQL
- Experience in small startup environments helping large enterprises
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
How to Apply
Please email your resume to [email protected].