Interlay is making decentralized finance interoperable. We are building a trustless, open source platform that allows users to access any digital asset and financial product on any blockchain platform. Our tech is backed by peer-reviewed, top tier research and has been adopted by leading blockchain companies such as Polkadot.
We are looking for a VP of Operations with a financial background.
The perfect candidate for the position has worked in a FinTech business before and has experience in growing a company under consideration of legal and regulatory requirements. You will help us navigate the possibilities of financial products with a focus on crypto derivatives. At the same time, you will conduct market research and support the founders in their tasks to maintain connections with partners and customers - working towards an investment round.
You will join a young team of blockchain experts that works at the forefront of secure and trustless blockchain interoperability. Our technology allows users to move digital assets across different platforms, enabling new types of financial products. Through years of research, we established a position of technological leadership that we maintain by pushing the boundaries of current technology. We are looking for someone that can help us transform our technological advantage into a successful and compliant product - in a field where open source software is a critical requirement for credibility.
Full-time and preferably based in the UK
Salary range: £48k - £60k + 2.0%-4.5% equity option.
What you will do
- Work together with the founders to revise and optimize the company’s business strategy and product offerings with your prior experience in financial products
- Lead the preparations towards a funding round and support us in maintaining investor relations
- Support us in the assessment of compliance requirements for financial products and, where necessary, work together with our legal team to achieve this
- Help us navigate IP/copyright and open-source strategies
- Establish and optimize internal processes and provide tooling to help us maintain a lean and flexible working environment
- Support our partner and customer relationship management
What you bring
- At least 5 years of professional experience in finance and/or FinTech
- A deep understanding of regulatory and legal requirements in finance
- Experience with patents, IP rights, and open-source strategies and
- You get things done - a proven track record of successfully executed fintech projects and business models
- An understanding of decentralized business models and experience with involving partners to create a successful business
- Ability to analyze problems quantitatively using tools like G Suite tools, spreadsheets, SQL and Python
Nice to have
- A degree in law from a top-tier university
- Prior experience in cryptocurrency-based trading platforms
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options
- Potential to become a co-founder as the company grows
- Remote working
- Travel to international blockchain conferences
- 30-day vacation
- Allowance for a co-working space
- Yearly retreat
How to Apply
Send CV & short statement to [email protected].