Deep Work - a Design Studio Creating The Future of Work
The Client and Project Manager is responsible for the overall vision and execution of projects in line with Deep Work’s goals and quality standards from project set up to project completion.
Our way of working is very different to a typical agency or studio.
About Deep Work
Deep Work provides radically better design for technical teams and founders. Our client engagements centre around Hypersprints - collaborating with clients in interactive workshops, prototyping and testing in six days.
Client and Project Manager Responsibilities
- Project Planning: Set-up and administration to create an unforgettable Hypersprint experience for clients as well as experts.
- Project Management: Scheduling, client management, responsibility of project delivery.
- Expectation Setting and Communication: Facilitation of persistent knowledge exchange across the organisation.
- Development, Improvement and Automation of Deep Work: Inform the founders from your client and project management experience as they they automate and scale the business.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years experience in account management or project management at a creative agency or design studio. Ideally in an agency or studio that has grown or is beyond a small founder focused business.
- Deep understanding of design studio or service business processes and client needs.
- Enthusiasm for creative work, automation and the future of work. You will be part of shaping a new type of creative organisation and should be interested in learning about emerging technologies, which can help automate shallow work.
- Proven ability to understand the key drivers, trade offs, and measures of success for creative projects, particularly from an agency perspective.
- Experience in project management planning and documentation, including resource allocation, scheduling, and milestone tracking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident communication with clients, expectation management and being able to make them feel comfortable regardless of their stress levels.
- Extensive tech skills - either demonstrative examples of the following tools: Notion, Figma, Sketch, Zoom, Miro, Calendly, Zapier. Or similar products with an ability to rapidly learn how to use them.
- Experience with the lifecycles involved in visual design, user experience and digital technology across mobile, web2, apps and video
- Bonus but not necessity: Understanding and interest in the evolving web3 space, its product challenges, blockchain applications and token economics.
Currently the founders Charlie and Andrej and running the above whilst being active members of Hypersprints. Between them they spend a maximum of 2-4 hours a day on the above tasks. We expect the role as ‘flexi-time’ - not scheduled part time as clients may required certain hours a few hours a day. A total of roughly 20 hours per week. You can find out more about what we offer here.