Introducing Swingby Labs
Swingby Labs is a Singapore-based company and was founded in 2018. We are a group of cryptocurrency enthusiasts who joined forces to develop tools that connect Bitcoin with other blockchains.
Our first protocol, Skybridge, builds trustless bridges between BTC, Ethereum, Binance Chain and other blockchains secured by a network of node groups that execute fast cross-chain swaps with threshold signature schemes and multi-party computing technology.
Skybridge allows a user to move Bitcoin tokens to the Ethereum and Binance Chain blockchains without relying on a central custodian, opening up a whole world of DeFi capabilities such as liquidity pooling and DEX interaction with the easiest UX on the block.
And we don’t plan to stop there! Our ultimate goal is to bridge as many different assets and blockchains together to build the “cross-chain gateway to DeFi”.
Try out the Skybridge testnet.
We are building a highly technical team of cryptocurrency and DeFi fanatics who value decentralization, open source code and collaboration. With our developer first ethos, we encourage team members to take ownership over their areas of the codebase and work autonomously, managing their own time and tasks.
Swingby is a pioneer in the space of MPC and TSS and builds ‘layer 2’ protocols. For this reason, we are constantly tackling new challenges and laying down the groundwork to bring complex concepts to the very forefront of reality in the industry.
In this role, you will be working with top engineers from companies such as Binance, Bitfinex, Gnosis and Tether to build the future of DeFi.
- Maintain and extend the core node daemon codebase.
- Brainstorm and evaluate new tools, technologies, features and products as the Swingby ecosystem evolves.
- Participate in researching, maintaining and proposing new SWIPs (Swingby Improvement Proposals & Specifications).
- Adopt code quality processes to ensure the readability and maintainability of repos.
- Contribute to the development of automated testing code bases.
- Stay in touch with the latest developments in the blockchain community and work on integrating new protocols into the Swingby ecosystem.
- Ability to work remotely, have a strong sense of ownership and be a self-starter.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a backend software engineer.
- High level of autonomy with good self-management skills.
- Ability to collaborate remotely with developers in multiple time zones.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with blockchain systems (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cosmos, etc) and related distributed systems development.
- Experience with decentralised applications (dApps) and an interest in blockchain, crypto and cryptocurrency.
Even Better If You:
- HODL - You’ve got some Bitcoin or another crypto :)
- Are familiar with crypto-economic modelling, ‘tokenomics’, including governance and incentive structures.
- Experience with cryptography – theory, libraries and SDKs.
Projects Tech Stack:
- Swingby Node Daemon: Go and Docker.
- Automated testing: Python with Gherkin.
- Frontend: React, Redux and Next.js.
- DevOps: AWS, Scaleway, Ansible, Vercel and GitHub.
- Comms: Telegram, Slack and Trello.
How to Apply
Send a resume and a basic cover letter to [email protected].