At Sifchain we are in the process of launching an Omnichain Decentralized Exchange. This is a unique technical undertaking that continues to attract interest and excitement from a multitude of well known investors in the blockchain sphere. In fact, the private sale round was oversubscribed within two days of its announcement. Investors recognize that our offering has unique benefits over both CEXes and existing DEXes, and has the potential to fundamentally change the DeFi ecosystem. The team is led by a blockchain architect from Thorchain, which raised its liquid market cap from $1M to over $150M in two years, with an upcoming Token Sale on Jan 25th, 2021.
The Research Engineer will serve as part of an interdisciplinary research team applying scientific principles to discover and develop economic systems meeting high level descriptive goals using tools from an array of disciplines from multi-agent control to mechanism design.
The Engineer is responsible for developing and documenting mathematical models based on requirements from internal and external stakeholders. The Engineer will use formal analysis techniques to refine economic models by characterizing evolutionary tendencies and attack vectors, as well as using stochastic process simulations to explore system trajectories and define practical bounds on system parameters. The Engineer will have opportunities to present work to technical and non-technical audiences, both publicly and privately.
- Capture and document descriptive models of economic systems from white-papers, conference calls and in person meets and characterize as formal goals
- Extend formal models with complete notation, assumptions and characterize analytically the immediate consequences of these definitions and assumptions
- Propose and Evaluate incentive mechanisms to align local agent goals with system level goals
- Create simulation tools for dynamical systems representing the evolution of economic systems at various level detail from agent based to macro-economic
- Use simulation tools to run repeated stochastic process driven numerical experiments fora wide range of environmental conditions and behavioral assumptions
- Use data analysis tools to evaluate experimental results and make recommendations regarding the assumptions and conditions under which a particular set of incentives will be adequate to achieve the stated goal of the economic system
- Use data analysis tools to evaluate data collected directly from economic networks to verify that the intended dynamics are emerging, and to recommend tuning system parameters as needed
- Support in the design and development of economic health indicators and operational analytics
- Provide reports and/or requirements documents to stakeholders
- M.S. or higher in Engineering, Robotics, Operations Research, Economics or related field
- Masters Level Course work in Optimization and/or Decision Science
- 4+ years research experience in Industry or Academia/Advanced Numerical Computing skills (Matlab, Python, R)
- Advanced Mathematical Analysis skills (ability to write formal proofs)
- Proficient with a scripting language
- Proficient with data manipulation and visualization
- Proficient with LaTeX mathematical typesetting language
- Good presentation and communication skills—visual and verbal
- Ability work with a heterogeneous team to achieve a common goal