About the role:
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer to join the OpenEthereum Client Development team.
The OpenEthereum team’s goal is to develop a fast, light and robust ethereum 1.x client in order to support a strong multi-client ethereum ecosystem. Gnosis is convinced that having a multi-client ethereum ecosystem is mission-critical for the ethereum blockchain.
You have the opportunity to work with us in the trendy kiez of Kreuzberg - where we run our beautiful co-working space for blockchain projects, Full Node. Also, you can join us remotely and work from your hometown. Currently half of our team is working remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Implementing new upcoming Ethereum Improvement Proposals
- Independent implementation of OpenEthereum features to other clients.
- Research our codebase in order to keep the client light and fast
- Maintain the production code
- Deliver high-quality code for features from concept until production
- In the team of approximately 3 Rust-developers, you will have a shared responsibility for the design, development, and maintenance of the client
Who you are:
- You have a very good understanding of the Ethereum blockchain
- You have 3+ years of experience in system engineering, preferably in Rust or C++
- Structuring processes for demanding infrastructure is your strength
- You have good general programming and algorithm skills
- You care deeply about the quality and readability of your code
- You proactively drive technical direction such as improving performance, preventing issues, data usage, refactoring the codebase
- Leadership and architecture experience are a plus.
What we can offer you:
- Make your mark in a growing, disruptive technology: Be a part of an innovative blockchain company as we help drive change in a number of important global markets, including finance, insurance, and information discovery.
- Flat hierarchies: This means fewer processes and bureaucracy - see more of your ideas come to life!
- Be set up for success from the start: We’ll equip you with the latest hardware, and plenty of learning opportunities through our fortnightly Brown Bag Lunches, guest speakers, meetups and workshops at Full Node, team knowledge sharing sessions and generous budgets for conferences and individual learning.
- Flexible work and vacation times: We truly believe in and stand for work-life balance. We have a great flexible work policy and a generous vacation allowance that supports you in living your best life!
- Work and hang out with us: On top of the events at Full Node, we have weekly breakfasts, monthly team dinners, an abundance of healthy snacks and drinks (including top-notch coffee!) Did we mention a company-wide annual offsite?
- Conferences and Educational Budget: At Gnosis, we support your growth and development with a generous annual education and conference budget.
- Grow with us: We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking initiative and get things done, there’s a lot of opportunities for your individual growth.