About ConsenSys Diligence
ConsenSys Diligence helps developers build secure blockchain and smart contract applications. We are expanding our efforts on smart contract security to meet the needs of a growing list of external clients, including major financial institutions, and Aave, 0x, Balancer, Uniswap, Status and many more. Our aim is to build the most technically-gifted, engineering-focused blockchain security team.
We are also the creators of the MythX security analysis service for Ethereum smart contracts, and we maintain a number of standard setting industry references, including the SWC Registry, Smart Contract Best Practices, and Blockchain Security Database.
About the role:
Are you looking for the next frontier where you can apply your expertise in penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, and threat modelling? Smart contracts are programs on a blockchain: they never go down, cannot be changed, and run as programmed. These smart contracts directly control money, so security is critical.
We are looking to hire someone with a passion for Solidity, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), distributed computing and security. Candidates should relish in technical subtleties and minutiae, and have a passion for combining them with a flair for creativity and insight to hack smart contracts.
This is a fun and challenging full-time position involving hacking, threat modelling, scanning, auditing, designing and enhancing the security of smart contracts across the board.
Alongside client work, we will also provide you with plenty of time for research and development efforts where you can push the state of the art and science of blockchain security.
A significant part of the work can be done remotely from wherever you are; little travel is anticipated (most of the team works remotely around the world). Along with a focus on technical excellence, we also believe firmly that culture and processes play an essential role in security.
We are looking for exceptionally intellectual, bright and technically driven individuals who can communicate their ideas clearly while working with clients to achieve their security objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise and contributions towards smart contract security, EIPs (Ethereum Improvement Proposals), or research.
- Strong relevant work experience analyzing the security of systems (penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modelling, etc.).
- 3 years of relevant work experience, including experience in responding to security problems in target-rich environments, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and response.
- 1 year demonstrated expertise with Solidity, the EVM, and blockchain
- Demonstrated ability to work well with clients, and communicate clearly and concisely in a written format
Nice to haves
- Publicly visible audit reports in your portfolio
- BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience blogging or presenting on security related topics
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a relevant field
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects – challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
Chip Borelli - ConsenSys Talent Partner