Complement Capital is a new investment firm focused on growing the Empty Set Dollar (ESD) ecosystem. We believe that ESD is one of the key building blocks of Decentralized Finance. The properties of ESD make it a unique DeFi building block, with very powerful advantages over other DeFi primitives.
Our activities will include:
- Investing in projects that drive demand for ESD
- Contributing to ESD core protocol development
- Assisting the ESD project in strategy, governance, community development, documentation etc.
- Identifying suitable integration targets
- Business development to drive ESD integrations
- Project management of ESD integrations
- Incubating new ESD-related ideas and spinning these out as standalone projects
- Promoting ESD ecosystem through blogs, events, social media etc.
As our first hire, the role of DeFi Smart Contract Developer at Complement is a key strategic hire. The successful candidate will become a partner in the firm, sharing in the success of the investments we make together. You will work closely with the Managing Partner across all areas of the business.
The ideal candidate is a crypto enthusiast with two years plus of deep smart contract (Solidity) and Ethereum knowledge. You must be highly enthusiastic about DeFi and have a strong working knowledge of DEXes / AMMs, yield optimization protocols, money markets. You will have a very strong background in smart contract security and keep track of all the latest smart contract attacks. You should have a good knowledge of Ethereum standards / EIPs and a good working knowledge of ETH 2.0, Layer 2 solutions (ZK & optimistic rollups, SKALE, Matic etc.) and cross-chain bridge technologies. You must be hard-working, diligent and ambitious.
Once the global economy re-opens after Covid-19, we expect the role to include travel to work with partners, to attend industry events and to participate in internal strategic workshops.
In the role you will be required to:
- Work closely with portfolio companies as they bring their solutions to market
- Build out new proof of concept solutions
- Work closely with partners as they integrate ESD into their codebases
- Contribute to the core ESD codebase
- Get involved with community / governance discussions on the evolution of ESD
- Analyse smart contracts for security issues
We have no strong preference for academic achievement or location. We are happy to work with people anywhere in the world. As long as you can demonstrate a real talent in the areas listed above we would be happy to work with you.
To find out more about Complement please check out our Substack page.
How to Apply
Please send a resume to [email protected].