About Hedera Hashgraph
We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Hedera is ambitious and fast-paced. We balance our enthusiasm with a measured approach to risk, and are well capitalized having raised over $100-million. Today, our team consists of more than 60 talented individuals, including many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork.
We are looking to hire effective, collegial and hard-working people to help achieve our vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the Role
As a Developer Advocate for hashgraph, your job is to inspire and equip developers in our community to build distributed applications and help build the distributed web. Your focus is on serving local, national, and international developer communities.
You may find yourself doing all of the following:
- Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific solutions or use our SDK code base.
- Organizing and volunteering at local and international developer events.
- Speaking and sharing your expertise at user groups and conferences.
- Educating and empowering developers through technical workshops and webinars.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to both hashgraph and non-hashgraph tools, applications, examples, and other projects.
- Building strategic relationships and partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- Gathering and socializing product feedback that will inform engineering, sales, and marketing decision making.
- Advocating on behalf of our development community, and making sure their voice is represented in strategic decisions.
- Supporting our developers wherever they are, on forums, social media and everywhere in between.
- A Hashgraph Developer Advocate should be able to lean on his or her vast technical knowledge, extensive experience and general engineering prowess to effectively debug a production application and make suggestions or recommendations for improvements. Hashgraph Developer Advocates are required to have excellent communications skills, as well as:
- Solid and diverse engineering skills. If you were writing code full time, you’d be a great performer. You also have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
- You are a friendly and approachable person, and also a great mentor.
- Willingness to travel anywhere our developer communities live a few times every quarter, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- Ability to work irregular hours and some weekends to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
- Very social: the best connections and opportunities are discovered by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should do well.
- An active GitHub account demonstrative of your technical abilities and interests.
Other skills that are great to bring with you but we can also help you develop include:
- Existing leadership and service in developer communities.
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Willingness to take the stage is essential for inspiring developers. A Developer Advocate needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience’s time and attention.