Kraken is one of the largest and most successful Bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
This is a fully remote job, US or Canada-based.
As part of the Finance leadership team at Kraken, you will work closely with the CFO and the Strategy team to lead all financial planning and analysis for the company. This will include but is not limited to building an FP&A function, developing KPIs, building financial models for strategic initiatives, and assisting with M&A due diligence. We are looking for a strategic finance leader with a broad range of experience in finance, accounting, tax and systems, superior strategic insight, and ability to execute.
- Substantially impact Kraken’s strategic, competitive and financial performance
- Build and lead an FP&A team to develop a robust budgeting and forecasting framework
- Work with the CFO to decide the strategic direction of Finance and Accounting and articulate strategic priorities
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Biz Ops team to analyze the business and financial impacts of strategic growth initiatives, conduct impact and ROI analyses to support prioritization of strategic initiatives across key areas of the business
- Develop key metrics to measure progress and performance
- Conduct analysis and derive insight to drive growth and ensure competitiveness
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management and Board presentations
- Understand the mandate and processes in each business functions, and work closely with department heads to develop their quarterly/annual work plans and budgets
- Direct the dissemination of monthly management financial insights to the leadership team
- Lead the effort to develop the annual and departmental budgets and forecasts
- Drive automation of internal processes within finance, treasury and accounting
- Lead monthly meetings with budget holders to review monthly spends and variance analysis
- Collaborate with business, finance and accounting leadership in analyzing, aligning and reporting key business drivers
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years experience and proven track record in financial strategy consulting, investment banking, or strategic finance roles in the financial services, fintech or technology industries
- Knowledge of financial markets and strong passion in cryptocurrency
- Experience in global organizations
- Strong strategic and creative thinking, analytical and project management skills
- Strong understanding of M&A and organic growth initiatives
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across all levels of management, and to work collaboratively and independently
- Effective at communicating complex topics and influencing others
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Expert knowledge of VBA and macros preferred
- Problem solving and investigative skills, coupled with a creative analytical orientation
- Experience building complex financial models for valuation, forecasting or pricing strategies
- Experience using FP&A tools (e.g. Hyperion)
- Experience using BI and analytics tools (e.g. BI360 or Tableau)
We’re powered by people from the around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.