Decentral Park Capital is a multi-strategy cryptoasset investment firm, led by a senior team of seasoned entrepreneurs and financiers, veterans of the blockchain industry. We are looking for a research analyst to join our ranks and help further build our data & fundamentals driven investing strategy and together shape the future of the firm.
Think of this role as at the nexus of a VC associate, a hedge fund analyst and a product leader. Your research will inform both strategic and tactical investment decisions and portfolio positioning. You will work with a nimble team of developers to optimize and expand Decentral Park’s software suite (the WOPR) adding critical features that power our investment strategy. You will be our boots on the ground in a network of builders, fellow investors and field experts.
You think quick on your feet, but rest comfortably on a strong structure of reason. You are part-analytical and part-creative, not shying away from connecting dots that “shouldn’t be linked”. You enjoy spending your time thinking about incentive structures, understanding token economics, working on structuring problem definitions and subsequently finding the right data to produce a cogent narrative around what a possible solution might look like.
- Produce weekly reports on the state of the market
- Produce original research on industry trends
- Be an “archival node” and provide critical feedback and resources to our portfolio companies and network of entrepreneurs and builders
- Source early-stage investment opportunities and generate investment ideas from the liquid market investable universe
- Produce original valuation & modelling work and help further develop the firm’s valuation tool suite
- Due diligence investment opportunities and produce investment memos
- Product manage our software suite, scoping out the feature set and prioritising feature development
- 1+ years of blockchain experience in operations, finance or research
- Previously worked closely with layer 1 and layer 2 protocols (building, investing, researching)
- Has published research, analyses, articles, or blogs on blockchain projects or protocols
- Track record of strong relationship building & community development
Nice To Have
- 3+ years of work experience
- Background in engineering, computer science, or economics
- Experience working with, and deriving insights from, on-chain data
- Experience on high performing teams, bonus points if within crypto
- Experience with SQL and Python scripting and basic understanding of software development
- You have built dashboards on Dune Analytics (see here: https://explore.duneanalytics.com...)!
Compensation & Perks
- $60-100k Annual Base
- Discretionary Bonus
- Upside sharing in the Partnership
- Travel and workspace expenses compensation
- Mentorship from a tightly knit team of senior leaders
- Represent the firm on conferences and other relevant industry events
- Decentral Park Research: https://decentralpark.io/research
How to Apply