Coin Operated Games is hiring a Fall Internship - Blockchain/Cryptocurrency Games Researcher in Los Angeles.
Coin Operated Games acquires, invests and incubates next generation games using blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies. The company is currently in stealth mode.
Founders: Tucker Waterman, Ken Cron and Johnny Steindorff
About the Role
Coin Operated Games is looking for a gamer/cryptocurrency researcher who has the ability to proactively identify strategic, early stage investment opportunities in companies and protocols with the mission of accelerating the global adoption of cryptocurrency through the creation of new economic models enabled. The candidate should have a deep understanding of computer science, distributed systems, consensus algorithms, networking, game theory and other relevant fields to blockchain technology. They are a visionary who can see a clear future of Web 3 despite the ever-present noise, and will leverage their network in the crypto and gaming space to build relationships and aggressively drive deals forward to close.
- Sourcing early stage investment opportunities in emergent companies and protocols
- Working with the senior investment team on due diligence of prospective investments
- Screening projects by evaluating the products and teams
- Reasoning through the emerging trends in the space and identifying non-obvious opportunities for deployment of capital
- Working closely with teams on product, go-to market, technical roadmap etc.
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Passionate about gaming and crypto
- Solid understanding of smart contracts scripting, cryptography, crypto-economics, and blockchain technologies generally
- Ability to identify unconventional trends and emerging technologies
- Sharp analytical mind with a killer instinct to identify deals in the market
- Ability to aggregate information from a variety of sources including technical repositories and anecdotal feedback from teams, then draw informed conclusions from incomplete information
- Able to explain complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
- Obsession with the future of gaming, blockchain technology, web3, and low-level protocol development
- An open minded research approach and genuine intellectual curiosity