Wintermute is a hyper-growth fintech startup in crypto. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges, as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving to crypto.
Culturally, we combine the best traits of both trading companies and technology startups. As a trading company, we manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $3B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. As a technology startup, we create best-in-class liquidity products that create more efficient more liquid markets algorithmically. We believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial service providers.
Wintermute is a Series B highly profitable startup backed by top tier investors like Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures and others.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for Finance and HR Operations professional who is interested in making an impact by improving and scaling HR and Finance processes. In this role, you will make Wintermute processes run smoother and make Wintermute an even better place to work!
Your role will be very varied and will include some of the core ownership areas, some more ad hoc projects based on both your talents/preferences and business needs of the company.
A great opportunity for someone looking for more diversity and variability in every-day job! You will work directly with COO and Finance Director and will have visibility on all the functions of the business.
A selection of responsibilities or projects
- Finance Operations: working with external accountants on payroll, payables; expense planning, approvals and management as well as designing and improving all the related processes
- HR Operations: managing of employee offers, contracts, visa applications; selection and design of employee benefits
- Employee on- and off-boarding: this includes all HR matters as well as continuous improvements of employee experience and related processes
- Procurement: procurement of computer hardware, business-critical services and office supplies, management of office expansion and design projects
- Ad hoc projects: helping or leading ad hoc operations projects (big and small) across a wide set of functions, e.g. marketing, research and analysis, recruitment, office management
Hard Skills Requirements
- BSc/MSc in Business/Marketing/HR/Economics or related field
- Hands-on experience in finance, HR and/or operations role, preferably in a dynamic and high-performance environment; we will also consider bright graduates for this role
- Systematic approach to work, project management skills, ability to manage own time and work under deadlines
- Comfort with numbers and Excel
- Curiosity and ability to learn business software tools fast (e.g. HR and recruitment software, accounting software, working tools, etc)
- Solid communication skills - be able to communicate clearly, concisely and listen well
- Results-driven and ability to get things done in a fast and efficient way
- Love improving processes and making sure that “trains run on time”
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Ownership mentality, prepared to work beyond 9-to-5 to achieve what is required for the business
- Like working in the team environment working from our London office (as much as Covid restrictions allow)
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of cross-functional responsibility that would take years to get elsewhere
- A unique opportunity to join a high growth profitable startup and one of the strongest and highest potential startups based in London
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet startupy, collaborative, entrepreneurial
- Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive fixed salary we offer performance-based bonuses
- A cool office in central London with sci-fi touch
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
Tips for Successful Application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role Do your basic research: look at our website and social media channels (@wintermute_t on Twitter)
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you’d like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute and in this role in particular.
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people with clear motivations
- If you don’t have an obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant
- We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won’t be able to proceed if you simply press “submit button”; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!