We’re building an Ethereum based financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. Store them securely in our wallet, spend them with our payment card. We never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases of the Ethereum blockchain.
Based across Europe and the UK, we’re a high-performance team of around 25 people; we have freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership, and embraces knowledge sharing…and we have big plans to change the way people experience their wealth!
We are looking for a Finance & Treasury Manager to establish operational excellence across our finance function, implementing a coherent financial strategy. You will lead our small (for now!) Finance team, responsible for all things money at Monolith, including financial and management reporting, taxation, cash management, and treasury. You will partner with our leadership team to provide insight and drive commercial outcomes. You will help identify opportunities and risks and continually strive to improve systems and processes.
- Define and track critical success metrics; identify key opportunities and challenges and collaborate with the business to address them
- Develop and manage our accounting and reporting processes, and oversee our responsibilities with month-end and quarter-end closes
- Drive the development and management of our financial modelling and forecasting; manage and track the budgets and performance of assigned P&L accounts
- Find and drive process improvement opportunities across teams
- Work closely with the leadership team on strategy, roadmap and targets for the business, and advise on market opportunities and prioritisation decisions
- Liaise with our investors, vendors and business partners on investment round collateral, key financial deliverables and other ad hoc requests
- Own and manage a complex treasury of different assets (both fiat and cryptocurrency)
- Lead year-end audit work
- Manage and develop a high performing finance team
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A powerful sense of responsibility (to treat the Monolith’s finances as if it were their own)
- An understanding of and interest in the crypto space
- Experience of working in a start-up environment
- Experience in working cross-functionally, with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with managing and negotiating with third party suppliers
- Broad knowledge of treasury operations, FX, hedging and cash flow management and understanding of how to make improvements where necessary
- The desire to have key role in developing how Treasury works at Monolith
- The extensive knowledge of standards that are expected by regulators and how to deliver against them
Our team members are rewarded well, not only with a competitive salary, but also with:
- Generous Stock Option Scheme
- TKN Option Scheme
- Private health insurance
- A training & development budget that helps you to grow with Monolith
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours - we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out
- A company pension scheme (naturally)
- Top of the range hardware
- Team lunch on Wednesdays, breakfast on Fridays and healthy snacks (when we’re back in an office!)
- Bi-annual company events
- The option to participate in a crypto salary scheme
- Access to a range of discounts and little life extras via Perkbox
If all this sounds exciting…
Start a conversation by hitting apply and sending us some information about your achievements, ambitions and why you’re interested in joining Monolith - we look forward to hearing about you!
Unfortunately, we’re not currently in a position to offer visa sponsorship.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.