We believe that cryptocurrencies and decentralized networks are radically new means of coordination. And that they will increase freedom for people and allow for a more creative, innovative and prosperous world.
We’ve been at the forefront of getting blockchains to being able to serve billions of people. We helped launch and operate many new Proof-of-Stake networks and help people actively participate and earn staking rewards. Today, around $100m worth of cryptoassets are staked with us in this way. In addition to that, we are also working on building bridges between cryptonetworks. So that we can go from siloed chains to a true internet of blockchains that can all interoperate.
We are a distributed team of around 10. We are a friendly, collaborative and focused place to work. We value transparency and everyone’s input on decisions. We love the autonomy of working whenever and wherever we want. But we also recognize the importance of coming together in person and do so every quarter for a week in team retreats around the world. (We’ve been to the US, South Korea, Egypt, Kenya and Serbia.)
In the last year, we have grown as an organization. There are more customers and revenues. More team members, lines of business and contracts to manage. Momentum is high and we expect to continue growing. But we haven’t built the systems to deal with increased complexity, information and decision making. We need to do this now. Because otherwise, as we grow more, the organization will become increasingly dysfunctional and inefficient.
So we are looking for an Operations Manager to help us evolve Chorus One into a mature and well-run organization capable of having a big impact. You will be working closely with and reporting directly to the CEO.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead effort to improve the finance functions. From getting data off the blockchain, to working with CFO/accountants to ensure accurate financial statements to financial plans and budgets. You don’t have to do all this yourself, but ensure it happens and happens well
- Document, improve and design core processes like hiring, onboarding, performance review, compensation review, offboarding
- Improve and run our internal OKR process
- Ensure the CEO is working on the highest priority issue and take everything else off their plate
- Own the planning and execution of our quarterly team retreats
The ideal candidate
Here is what we are looking for:
- You are curious about how blockchain technology can change the world
- You recognize problems. Then you go and see if you can solve them
- You think strategically. Of long-term impact and secondary effects. And then recognize the right path
- You can communicate well. From emails, to presentations to spreadsheets
- You are excited about the impact an organization can have. You care about how well it works. And you love the idea of * building an organization that is excellent.
- Some background in finance would be an advantage. Could be accounting knowledge and/or having built financial models / plans
We are not too opinionated about your background. Drive, intelligence, pragmatism and communication skills are far more important. That being said, 3+ years of relevant work experience will be an advantage.
- Autonomy, a friendly and supportive work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth Competitive salary + equity
- All-expense paid quarterly team retreats at exotic destinations (Coronavirus permitting). Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA and South Korea
- Unlimited leave
- Full-time position
- Remote work
- Work on cool technology and interesting problems at the intersection of finance, cryptocurrency, information security and blockchain networks
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] with the following:
- Cover Letter
- A document (max 2 pages) describing your personal productivity system.
Also make sure to address the following questions:
- How do you measure / assess whether your system is working?
- How have you improved the system in the past year?