Who Are We?
BlockWorks Group (BWG) is a rapidly-growing events and media startup that helps investors understand new and emerging industries, with a current focus on blockchain.
We are a marketing organization at heart. We work with organizations to amplify their reach and connect with their target audience through our live events, podcasts, and network of influencers.
Our process begins with understanding our clients needs and objectives, and designing customized campaigns to achieve them.
Two years after launching, we have built a profitable company comprised of entrepreneurial, data-driven, and goal oriented individuals.
As the Director of Media Strategy at BlockWorks Group, you will own the big picture direction and all operational aspects of the media arm of the business, comprised of podcasts and influencer marketing.
Who are You?
You are an experienced operator who has experience growing a business unit.
You have deep experience in selling, designing, and executing influencer and integrated marketing campaigns. You have a flare for the creative, and a talent for balancing campaign strategy with operational excellence.
You’re a team player, collaborator, laser focused on customer experience, care about delivering results above all else. You have a track record of exceeding your goals. You’re a problem solver, organized, relationship oriented, and process driven.
As the Director of Media Strategy, you will be critical to driving the success of BWG’s media business and report directly into the executive team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guide strategic direction, professionalize current media offerings, and identify opportunities for product improvement
- Design and build sales strategy, acting as a key resource for the sales team
- Oversee and monitor podcast and influencer marketing campaigns and reporting to ensure client objectives are achieved
- Develop and maintain internal KPIs aligned to media objectives and external KPIs for client campaigns
- Outline and implement best practices for media division around sales, campaign organization and management, and customer success
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding and experience driving P&L results and growth in line with company objectives and goals
- 6+ years of experience in either Media or Agency roles
- In-depth understanding of digital media planning, strategy, negotiation, and implementation
- Actively led agency new business pitches, including development of RFP responses and presentations
- Strong ability to build meaningful, lasting relationships with clients, partners, and influencers
- Experience in working in both direct response and brand driven media environments is preferred
- Has managed 2+ direct reports
Salary & Benefits
- Your role with BWG will be critical to the company’s success - compensation will be competitive
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, and vision)
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO policy
- Monthly happy hours and fun team and company outings
- Amazon book allocation
BWG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.