About the Sandbox
The Sandbox is a decentralized, community driven platform, where creators can make voxel assets and gaming experiences and monetize them on the blockchain. It features 3 main components: a NFT builder, a Marketplace and the Game Maker.
We’re empowering Players and Creators, and providing an easy way to create & own the content in the games they play through the use of blockchain technology and non-fungible tokens.
We’re leveraging our existing success mobile franchise The Sandbox (40 million installs). Our vision is to offer a metaverse where virtual worlds and games will be created collaboratively without central authority. Because game items are tokenized as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), players can transfer their assets from one game to another, retaining digital scarcity, security, and authenticity.
Players will be able to monetize the time and effort they’ve invested in playing by buying and selling NFTs using the “SAND” token, which is the official currency in The Sandbox. This utility token offers multiple uses that will empower players through community voting, staking mechanisms, crowdfunding, and decentralized governance.
Our journey on The Sandbox just hit a new milestone as we have raised a $2.5M investment round led by Hashed, the largest crypto assets fund and accelerator in South Korea and partnered with Kakao’s Klaytn to reach mass distribution in Korea.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced marketing director, who will be leading all aspects of marketing and “go to market” and growth initiatives.
You will lead representation and branding of our gaming platform to the world as well as within our community of creators and players, lining up our efforts both for English-speaking territories and Korea and Japan, synchronizing with local teams and/or marketing partners, thus being part of a decentralized team working towards the same goal.
You will be the mastermind behind defining not only Marketing, but shaping the product vision and features, how we communicate about it and building a vision of the Metaverse where User-Generated Contents meets Non-Fungible Tokens (ERC-721 & ERC-1155) in one of the most anticipated crypto games of 2019.
This is a hands-on role with a large business impact, which will include the definition of the Pre-Sale, the distribution channels, positioning, branding, market research, user research, PR and communications. The role could also potentially oversee Developer Relations and Community Management, depending on the profile of the candidate. You should be a highly creative and data-driven leader as well as an excellent communicator.
- Design and execute a comprehensive, blockchain-specific marketing plan to launch our decentralized gaming platform worldwide
- Manage PR and Communications with the media and The Sandbox’s community in Korea
- Develop and execute the vision and strategy to achieve The Sandbox’s business targets through customer-focused and data-driven marketing campaigns across all performance channels, including search, display, social, video, sponsored content, affiliate, and others
- Design brand positioning and messaging strategy across channels to drive market awareness, customer acquisition, and loyalty
- Identify value proposition, product positioning, and key messages, write creative briefs to ensure we produce best in class creative, which is consistent across all channels and resonates with consumers
- Build and deploy grassroots marketing programs to drive creators and players to our service
- Partner with your peers in Product Management, Community Management and Developer Relations to drive adoption, engagement and revenues
- Work with Community Management and Creator Relations to create and manage global events to drive new audience and increase engagement across the platform
- Create and direct market, competitive and user research
- Drive and optimize our SEO strategy to reach the most relevant audience at the best time to grow our audience
- Analyze the performance of all marketing programs (including ad spend) to identify the best opportunities for optimization, and regularly iterate to maximize performance
- Work with finance to plan and maintain marketing & advertising budget that prioritizes low-spend/high-impact campaigns
- 3+ years of full-stack marketing and senior leadership experience with business to consumer marketing, ideally in gaming and/or technology products, and strong consumer brand sensibilities
- Passionate about gaming and crypto. You have already bought in NFTs during Pre-Sales and are familiar with the concept
- Experience in the Blockchain space, in CryptoCurrency and Decentralized Apps (dApps) built upon Ethereum
- Experience with B2B tech marketing a plus
- Experience launching new AAA games or marketplace platforms to the public
- Best-in-class brand builder and storyteller; proven success crafting brands from the ground up and a track record of building brand engagement and generating business growth
- History of launching successful campaigns using components of guerrilla, grassroots, and viral marketing
- Experience building reporting dashboards and synthesizing complex data points and KPIs to generate easy to understand executive reports
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to deliver complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material
- Demonstrated effective leadership - people management experience is important
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related field
How to Apply
To apply, please send a short cover email, including your resume or a link to your updated LinkedIn profile to: [email protected].