About The Giving Block:
The Giving Block is a venture capital backed nonprofit tech startup. We make it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax efficient way to support their favorite causes. We work with 130+ nonprofits and have processed millions of dollars in cryptocurrency donations.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations.
Calling all digital marketers: Are you looking for a new challenge? How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that’s making cryptocurrency accessible for nonprofits? If you’re an experienced digital marketer then come work with us!
The focus of this role will be on digital marketing but since we’re a startup you’ll be expected to work on a wide range of tasks and wear many different hats.
As our digital marketing lead, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our digital marketing strategy by working directly with the leadership team. If it’s a good fit, you’ll have the opportunity for additional leadership roles as we grow.
Join us to create the future of giving.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of marketing experience with nonprofits or nonprofit service providers
- Experienced in reporting on SEO performance (For example: contribution to the business, top keywords, top pages, conversion rates and YOY performance)
- Experience driving online acquisition through channels including: paid media, search engine optimization and web experience design
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for staying current on the latest search marketing trends
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with SEMrush or similar tools
- Optional: Interest in cryptocurrency
- Lead the day to day operations of the acquisition marketing organization, including weekly/monthly/quarterly tracking of key performance indicators.
- Analyze search and user behavior to synthesize marketing insights and make recommendations to improve the company’s performance using internal and external data sources (e.g. SEMRush).
- Identify new opportunities to increase conversions
- Run targeted paid campaigns
- Communicate findings from analyses in a way that enables business leaders to make better decisions
- Work closely with leadership to uncover customer insights, develop key metrics and drive measurement and analysis.
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new strategies, analyzing data, and an entrepreneurial mindset to help us grow long term are all important. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their work. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Why Should I Work at The Giving Block?
- Mission: We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology. Help us equip every nonprofit in the world to accept cryptocurrency donations.
- Flexibility: Work wherever, whenever — Working with us means working locally or remotely, whether you prefer working at home, at our office or maybe even a coffee shop; you’ll have the freedom to work wherever you want. Plus, we offer flexibility for our team. If you prefer to work late into the night, or need to work around childcare then that’s no problem. As long as you’re delivering on your objectives, we’re happy.
- Community: Whether you’re local or remote, become part of a larger blockchain community. We’re also running a blockchain incubator with 8 other startups so you get to meet people working on other cool projects in the industry.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Health, dental and vision
- 401k plan
- 3 weeks paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- Generous parental leave benefits
- As much coffee, cold brew, and sparkling water as you can drink (if local)
- Modern downtown Washington DC office (if local)
- Free office gym (if local)