All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
This role is remote-based and open to applicants based in US and European time zones.
Chainlink Labs is looking for a senior events manager to join our growing Marketing team. As our events leader, you will lead the organization of our flagship user conference SmartCon for more than 10,000 attendees. He or she will also oversee half a dozen mini day-long events through out the year, including hackathons, virtual summits, and more.
- Own the events program for Chainlink; Manage all phases of planning and executing Live, Virtual, and Hybrid programs
- Organize flagship Chainlink events, such as its hackathons, and the SmartCon developer conference
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors, and preparing ROI evaluations of events and conferences
- Manage an events agency for larger conferences as needed
- Manage external contracts and communication with vendors and partners
- For in person events, manage budgets, food and beverage orders, audio visual orders, rooming lists, signage/displays orders, transportation requests, contract speakers, procure promotional products, etc.
- Maintain registrations sites, communications, client meetings, mobile apps, and feedback surveys
- Provide onsite support, both independently and as a team, when needed Conduct pre event briefs, post event reports, including but not limited to attendee surveys, analytics, and lessons learned
- Based in US or European time zones
- 3+ years of event management experience
- Corporate planning experience on events with over 1,000 attendees for external stakeholders (user conferences, summits, etc)
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver, able to glean insights, develop a vision and bring it to life with actionable plans
- Must thrive in an environment of rapid change, moving targets, limited resources, high intensity and cross-functional dependencies
- Fantastic ability to prioritize tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines
- Resourceful and able to pivot and innovate
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, while maintaining a team-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working events in a technology company
- Have organized developer-focused conferences and events
- Experience organizing hackathons
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world’s largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.