BREAKER, a new independent digital magazine about blockchain, is looking for several reporters to join our experienced and well-regarded staff. Launching shortly, the publication will cover everything from the innovative companies currently being built on the blockchain, to the creative daily uses ordinary people are finding for it—including the culture’s controversies, personalities, and far-reaching implications. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to do original longform reporting on a revolutionary area of technology. Positions are based in New York City, at our South Seaport office. Salaries are competitive.
- Expertise or intense curiosity in the next generation of digital technology.
- Ability to translate complex subject matter into journalism that appeals to a general audience.
- Ability to produce excellent, stylish writing.
- Editing experience.
- Bottomless well of smart and/or entertaining story ideas.
- Broad interest in blockchain applications beyond the financial.
- Ability to think strategically about overall direction of coverage.
- Willingness to work hard, sometimes outside regular work hours, to launch, nurture, and promote the site.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and clips to [email protected].