Our mission is to make financial markets universally fair and accessible.
We are driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system.
We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to lead the effort on turning design into reality across a variety of projects. This role requires the dynamism to work on quick proof-of-concept projects or within a methodical product development cycle depending on the objective.
As the first frontend engineer at UMA, you will guide and shape the user experience across all UMA products. This will require sharp time management skills and the ability to scope and triage your own work with incomplete information.
- Work closely with designers, other engineers, and product owners to scope and build delightful frontends and dApps that allow users to interact with UMA smart contracts.
- Maintain and improve UMA’s existing frontends and projects.
- Write up quick, experimental UIs over short time frames without outside design input.
- Drive the UMA user experience forward.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years full-time experience with frontend development in React.
- Strong understanding of React, CSS, and some knowledge of Material UI or similar component framework.
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and/or decentralized finance.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code.
- Preferred to have experience with the following technologies (in order of importance): React, React Hooks, Ethereum and Smart Contracts, web3.js, Ethers.js, Google Cloud Platform and Google App Engine, NextJS and Vercel, Docusaurus, Webpack, Babel, Typescript