At UMA, our mission is to make financial markets universally fair and accessible. We believe that economic freedom created by universal market access creates equal opportunity to pursue prosperity and build financial independence.
Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system.
Our all-star team blends the best of finance (ex-Goldman Sachs), tech (ex-Google, Tala - series C, Openfolio - acquired), and academia (Stanford/NYU PhDs and professors, MIT/Columbia/Princeton graduates). Our work is supported by Placeholder VC, Bain Capital Ventures, Blockchain Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, Dragonfly, Box Group, FinTech Collective, and Coinbase Ventures.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. Are you someone who is inspired by automating an army of bots to secure the world next financial infrastructure? Do you recognize that systems engineering is as much of an art as a science? In this important role, it takes a blend of passion for automation, experience with systems, configuring OSS, and gluing software together!
Read more below and apply to chat more with us about the role and this growth opportunity!
- Managing the Continuous Integration pipelines across all UMA repositories;
- Designing and managing permissioning systems for foundation private keys and other sensitive information (like API keys);
- Building out the release process for UMA packages and dapps;
- Running regular on-chain actions on behalf of the UMA Foundation;
- Triaging and managing alerting and configuration for UMA Foundation bots;
- Manually managing much of the above responsibilities and automating it over time to allow the organization to continuously expand the scope of these activities.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years as a sys admin, dev ops, systems engineer, site reliability engineer, reliability engineer, or related role in a professional setting;
- Experience with Cloud Provider infrastructure — Google Cloud preferred;
- Experience with secret management best practices;
- Experience using, configuring, and managing custom and open source software running on cloud infrastructure;
- Passion for blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) and 401k;
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it);
- Remote work.
Risk Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.