Totle | DeFi Liquidity
Totle is a non-custodial smart-order routing platform that provides access to Ethereum-based financial products via a simple API or integrated widget. Our sophisticated order routing technology reviews available liquidity then divides large orders among markets to obtain the best possible execution (price) in a single transaction, reducing slippage for end users. Recently backed by top venture capital groups, Totle is recruiting a Senior Backend Engineer to assist with the next stage of product development.
This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies and has a passion for building products that will serve hundreds of thousands of users. You will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging technologies.
Our goal is to give users in every part of the world easy access to the power of cryptocurrency and decentralized finance.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll be taking a leading position within a small and driven team to have a core role in developing DEX aggregation solutions within the Ethereum ecosystem. You’ll be an integral part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception and design to deployment. You’ll work closely with every member of our team, building scalable, well-documented, backend services from the ground up.
More specifically, you’ll be highly skilled in Node.js, TypeScript and Solidity and with strong experience with state change management. Your primary focus will be to implement backend integrations which feed a complete front-end user interface, with a focus on performance. While delivering a complete backend solution built around scalability, five nine’s availability and efficient storage of information, you’ll help ensure we serve users with the best possible pricing, in real time.
Your Immediate Deliverables
- Developing a more sophisticated algorithm for splitting a trade among a number of AMM’s
- Developing a more sophisticated route discovery mechanism to find intermediate assets that the trade could be routed through to improve pricing
- Integration of new AMM’s to enable access to new liquidity sources
- Porting of AMM equations to replace on-chain price discovery with local calculations
Our Core and Non-Negotiable Values
- Clear Communication
- Positive Energy
- Efficient Execution
- Continuous Learning
- You will make a difference and have vested interest in working diligently and efficiently
- You have a creative/hacker mindset, thinking outside the box while getting things done quickly
- You crave elegant design and robust solutions
- Your ability to time-manage, communicate progress/needs/delays, are second-to-none
- You are accountable to your commitments, and what you have created; a no-excuses attitude
These are Hard Requirements, Sir/Madam:
- At least 5 years of professional development experience with significant experience working on complex projects
- Experience in building TypeScript web3 applications
- Solid understanding of OOP and Design patterns
- Strong understanding of the Ethereum ecosystem
- Good understanding of DeFi protocols and developing trends
- General understanding of trading methodologies, drivers, and performance indicators
Thus, You’ll Need to Have a Clear Understanding of:
It Would be Cool if You Have Experience with:
- DeFi protocols
- Lending protocols
- Yield farming