At Tendermint Inc., we build, maintain, and promote critical state-of-the-art infrastructure for decentralized applications, such as Tendermint Core & Cosmos SDK. We are the team who designed and implemented the gold standard of proof of stake protocols and got it launched on a public blockchain network, Cosmos. We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders whose vision is to empower every human to contribute to solving the world’s most urgent and complex problems. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major impact on how humans connect and coordinate on a global scale. Join our growing team and plug into the most powerful blockchain ecosystem.
How we work:
We have team members working from across North America, Europe, and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Slack, Zoom, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is open source. This is a full-time remote position and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8am and 12pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, you’ll be expected to adapt to our meeting times.
About the position:
Tendermint’s Ecosystem Development Team is seeking a talented and motivated Ecosystem Development (EcoDev) Engineer who is a multi-faceted individual capable of wearing many hats. The right candidate has extensive experience in software product development, technically capable of testing untested software with a strong emphasis in developer user experience. Application developers are Tendermint Inc’s customer base so the EcoDev Engineer must speak the customer’s language fluently.
However, the right candidate’s skills do not start and end at developer UX. You will work closely with the Marketing, Community, and Strategic Partnerships verticals within the greater umbrella of the Ecosystem Development team to support ongoing external-facing initiatives like interfacing with other engineers and community members within the Cosmos ecosystem.
We’re looking for a motivated and versatile Ecosystem Development Engineer who understands developer ergonomics and has great written and communications skills. Your work will be hugely impactful, as your tools will be used by a rapidly growing, international audience of developers.
What you will be doing:
- Offering mentoring, support and guidance for developers and community members during online or physical events like meetups, hackathons, contests.
- Building simple applications with the Cosmos SDK stack to test for common issues and give feedback on the developer experience of this platform.
- Writing content (technical and non-technical) to be used for a variety of purposes including but not limited to video scripts, animations, social media posts, website copy, blog posts, interviews, articles, and press releases.
- Contributing to website content discussions by providing accessible written documentation for a well-defined audience.
- Engaging with Cosmos ecosystem’s developers and community to collect feedback and reports findings back to the team for continued product improvement.
- Collecting updates from Cosmos engineering organizations, writing the content, and sending the monthly Engineering newsletter.
- Absorbing a wide scope of understanding of the entire cryptocurrency/blockchain industry to inform product-market-fit.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Proficiency in Go
- Deep understanding of the Cosmos SDK, Tendermint Core, IBC implementations as well as of the Cosmos Ecosystem.
- Strong engineering background with soft skills in customer relations, marketing, and communications.
- Ability to multitask between several projects.
- Strong comprehension of industry trends and product-market fit.
Nice to have:
- Experience in deploying and maintaining server-side Go applications.
- Working knowledge of networking and databases.
- Passion about distributed systems and what cryptocurrency can do for humanity.
- Ability to explain abstract technical concepts in an easy to understand manner.
What we offer:
Apply for the opportunity to be part of building the future of the internet. We offer a flexible work schedule, in addition to the following for full-time employees: educational budget, fitness and well-being stipend, at least 4 weeks of paid vacation and competitive salary and benefits package, including equity.
To apply, please go through our online application process and include a cover letter with a link to your github account.
Tendermint in the news:
- Welcome to the hub of all hubs: Cosmos has launched - TechCrunch
- Cross-Platform Blockchain Project Cosmos Launches First Hub After $17 Million ICO - Cointelegraph
- A Blockchain to Connect All Blockchains, Cosmos Is Officially Live - CoinDesk
- How to Turn a $17 Million ICO Into $104 Million: The Cosmos Story - CoinDesk