We’re looking for a Solidity engineer to supplement our growing needs. We need someone who’s written and deployed code on mainnet, been through professional code audits and who is up to date on the current developments in Solidity and the EVM.
Most of the engineering team is based in Sydney, Australia, however the candidate will be working most closely with the CTO Justin, who splits his time between the US and Europe. As such, it would be an added bonus if the candidate is in a US or European compatible timezone.
We’re a small team driven by startup values - we iterate fast, test often and automate wherever possible; it’s that agility which has helped us get to where we are. We have some of the most complex Solidity contracts on mainnet managing nearly 150MM in value and are constantly making improvements. We have upgradeable proxy contracts, an automated custom deploy process that includes all of our dApps and tooling, and over 90 contracts to manage (based off of over a dozen key source files). Moreover, we’re in the process of migrating towards a ProtocolDAO that will automate and protect system upgrades even further.
For more detail on our setup, please see https://docs.synthetix.io/contracts/
- Happy to work remote and manage their own office environment
- Open to full-time contract work
- Willing to be available outside regular 9-5 hours to respond to questions / queries internally
- Willing to make time each week (2-3hrs) for video calls with the rest of the team or CTO
- Willing to travel 3-4 times per year to join the team at conferences or offsites (10 day maximum travel time per trip)
- Intellectually curious and enjoys collaborating with peers
- Solid demonstrable work (on GitHub or otherwise) with Solidity code - a minimum of 12 months
- Has contracts on Ethereum mainnet that have handled non-trivial amount of funds
- Experience with Solidity security audits (as an author or recipient)
- Pay in ETH, SNX or stablecoins (or a combination)
- Pay for travel expenses to aforementioned conferences & offsites
- Ensure your code is professionally audited
- Make you feel welcome!
How to Apply
If the role sounds interesting and you’d like to talk with the team please contact [email protected].