Streamr is the decentralized platform for real‑time data. It is being built by contributors from around the world, who are developing the infrastructure that will power the world’s data economy and give people back control of their data. We have already published the first version of our P2P network (please read also Network performance and scalability). There’s still a lot of work to do, and some of the trickiest and most interesting parts lay ahead. That’s why we are looking for experts in P2P networks to work with us.
You are located either in Helsinki, Finland or Zug, Switzerland, or are willing to relocate. Also, remote working is a possibility.
In the role of P2P Network Developer you will:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the Streamr Network.
- Dig deep into technical topics of networking, such as protocols, connection management, routing, peer discovery, NAT traversal, multiplexing, encryption, and security.
- Participate in the design and implementation of APIs and libraries for the Streamr Network.
- Work together with the overall Streamr team to make the Network operate seamlessly with other components of the Streamr system and companion blockchains
- Technical first-hand experience in building distributed systems
- Strong analytical background, preferably
- MSc in Computer Science
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP stack and networking principles
- Excellent English and communication skill
- Experience working with peer-to-peer protocols.
- Programming skills in Java, Go, C, or similar languages.
- Interest in decentralized technology and blockchains
- Experience developing new protocols
- Cryptography experience in general
- Experience with real-time data or messaging