Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation is looking for someone to join our Ecosystem Engineer to join our team.
In this role, you will devise, build, and manage tools and applications to educate and engage developers building on Stellar. You will work with both the engineering and marketing teams to devise demonstrations, and to create tools for hands-on learning. Your goal: to help realize the network’s potential.
- An understanding of modern web technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, JSON, and REST
- An active open source portfolio
- A respectable collection of technical writing
- Interested in blockchain and emerging financial technology
- Passionate about building apps and building community
- An independent thinker, willing to float new ideas, and unafraid to ask obvious questions
- Capable of hitting a deadline and, conversely, getting things done when there isn’t one
- Logical, a strong problem solver, and a fast learner
- Entrepreneurial, excited to start new things, experiment, learn and iterate
Among other things you will:
- Maintain and improve existing educational infrastructure, including Stellar Quest
- Prototype new ideas for apps and resources that engage and grow the ecosystem of Stellar developers
- Contribute to developer and API docs
- Participate in community forums and developer support queues
- Create and present educational workshops and how-tos
We’re looking for someone obsessed with blockchain and open-source technology who is curious, technical, organized, and ready to build and educate.
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.