We’re on a mission to support a user-owned internet: where users can own and retain the value they create. The Stacks Foundation is a key entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer to support the partners, projects, and people seeking to build on or integrate with the Stacks blockchain. A rich network of exchanges, startups, infrastructure providers, users, traders, miners, and more need you today! Part of our mission is making the Stacks network as accessible and valuable as possible to these stakeholders — in this role you’ll be a key part of helping us accomplish this by providing top-notch integration and technical skills to ecosystem partners.
You’ll thrive in this role if you’re a problem solver, a strong communicator, work well with external partners, have the patience for the details, like to brainstorm things that are only newly possible, and are a self-starter. This role has a lot of autonomy but moves at a fast pace. You’ll work alongside an ambitious and friendly team. We take pride in delivering projects quickly and with creativity. You’ll be best suited if you have experience working in diverse development ecosystems and have open source experience.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with infrastructure providers, exchanges, and partners to build and optimize their connection to the Stacks blockchain
- Collect and provide feedback to the open-source community about where the Stacks chain and related tooling needs improvement
- If necessary, guide and directly work with teams to create custom software needed to support their desired interaction with the network
- Be available to community members and founders that are working on Stacks to help troubleshoot their issues and keep them moving forward
- Take on high-priority work by contributing to the open-source codebase on key issues and improvement proposals
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable full stack experience (4+ years of professional experience)
- Proficient in at least one frontend framework like React, Angular, Vue etc
- Proficient in at least one backend environment like NodeJS or frameworks like Express or Ruby on Rails
- Good understanding and comfort with SQL (MySQL, Postgres etc) and No-SQL storage (Mongo, Redis etc) system
- Opinionated stance on an entire full-stack using on which you can build with confidence, high-quality and high-velocity
- Experience with building tests (unit, integration, end-to-end), Open source experience, cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
- Experience with blockchains and dapp platforms preferred
- Experience on remote teams
- Experience building 2+ web apps from scratch (and launching)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We’d like to hear from you even if you don’t meet every point exactly.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary (regardless of location, benchmarked against NYC)
- $500/month co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Health and dependent care (FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
- Fully remote in the US - no physical office
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.