Stability Labs is building mStable - the Stable Asset Standard for Open Finance. Built on Ethereum, mStable is a decentralised platform for scalable and risk minimised stable assets that unites the fragmented stablecoin economy into radically more stable and secure digital assets.
Our core development team is in Germany and successful applicants will ideally join us on site in Berlin. If that isn’t possible, you can work remotely and we can get together for on boarding and regular offsites.
After raising two rounds of funding, the project aims to publicly launch in January 2020 and be on mainnet in Q2 2020. We are backed by some of the largest players in cryptocurrency (some of which are not announced publicly). Given that we are relatively early stage (pre-launch), core team members have the opportunity to be incentivised through an attractive allocation of our system token Meta (a token which has similarities to MKR and SNX).
Risk minimised and scalable stable assets are the foundation of a robust DeFi stack. Our mission is to build this stable asset standard, making digital money safe, stable and accessible.
We’re looking for an experienced Solidity Engineer to help us build and test the smart contracts at the heart of the mStable Standard. The smart contract suite includes the core protocol, DEX integrations, decentralised governance and much more.
At mStable, you will have the chance to work on an exciting project placed at the center of DeFi and take real ownership of your work while collaborating closely with our core engineering team and wider DeFi community. You will represent the team at conferences and meetups and help us evangelize the mStable Standard.
- Architect, develop and deploy smart contracts across an array of domains that make up the core of the mStable Standard
- Develop high-quality code that is maintainable, performant, accessible and precise
- Perform internal code audits and code reviews
- Contribute to team engineering processes, standards and workflow
- Collaborate with relevant DeFi projects to discover optimal solutions for our key challenges
- 3+ years in software engineering
- Deep understanding of Ethereum and the inner workings of the EVM
- Provable experience delivering high quality, functional code running on Ethereum
- Strong unit testing culture
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ambitious and autonomous with a proactive attitude, backed up by a passion for DeFi and open source
Nice to have
- Always up to date with latest EIPS, practices and standards
- Experience contributing to or managing open source projects
- Experience working in the DeFi ecosystem
- Experience with Golang, React or Cloud Devops
- Are familiar with crypto-economic protocol design including governance and incentive structures
Why work at Stability Labs?
Stability Labs is a software development company that is driven to make DeFi safe, secure and transparent. These traits are unfortunately not common in cryptocurrency but are fundamental to the success of DeFi and its ability to scale to billions of users. The mStable Standard reflects these characteristics; it is a critical missing primitive to the emerging DeFi stack.
By working at Stability Labs, you will:
- Receive a competitive salary and generous token allocation in mStable’s system token which has parallels to MKR and SNX
- Contribute to a leading product in an exciting, cutting edge area of technology and finance
- Work amongst a young, driven and international team
- Be granted a high degree of responsibility, freedom and trust
- Liaise with other leading DeFi projects on integration and collaboration
- Get together in inspiring locations to build, meet and have fun at company Offsites
- Have a flexible schedule and location, working from home occasionally as desired
- Communicate asynchronously through Trello, Gitlab and chat with our broad team
- Be valued for your contributions, in a results driven company
Our core team are closely aligned, highly motivated, agile and hold each other to high standards. As a core mStable engineer you will take real ownership over your work: both your open source code and the resulting applications will be visible and utilised in the heart of DeFi.
On site in Berlin, you would be working directly with the core growth and development team in an open and collaborative environment. We are supported by our Melbourne team and globally distributed, active advisory board.