At Sifchain we are in the process of launching an Omnichain Decentralized Exchange. This is a unique technical undertaking that continues to attract interest and excitement from a multitude of well known investors in the blockchain sphere. In fact, the private sale round was oversubscribed within two days of its announcement. Investors recognize that our offering has unique benefits over both CEXes and existing DEXes, and has the potential to fundamentally change the DeFi ecosystem. The team is led by a blockchain architect from Thorchain, which raised its liquid market cap from $1M to over $150M in two years.
The blockchain engineering team at Sifchain is looking for a talented software architect to lay the technological and organizational scaffolding for Sifchain based on a coherent product roadmap.
As a software architect, you’d write design documentation that engineers across many disciplines (including blockchain, distributed systems, devops, mobile, web, and testing) will rely upon to contribute their components of Sifchain’s products. Your documentation would be used by the open source community as well as Sifchain’s internal team. You’d internalize market demand for features as compiled by the executive team and product management and would create architecture plans to deliver against those expectations. You’d set the bar for performance standards like reliability, security, and availability and would be responsible for designing systems that met those standards.
You’d help us deploy blockchain nodes (called validators) on Kubernetes which connect to peer validators run by members of other teams to collectively support a distributed, community owned network (the blockchain) which secures hundreds of millions of dollars in cryptocurrency. You’d architect low latency, real-time microservices that support data relay from one validator to each other, or to external API services where users can monitor the network health and other telemetric data.
As a Sifchain team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core Sifchain team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is helpful but we are primarily interested in capacity to grow into the role. You should have prior experience in taking part in developing high-quality backend architecture. You should be willing to learn and extend the technical architecture of entirely new blockchain protocols.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Design and implement primary blockchain software applications with quality, security, and extensibility held paramount
- Design and implement architectural solutions for auxiliary blockchain software like databases, websites and mobile libraries or SDKs
- Internalize user personas for Sifchain ecosystem participants like investors, market makers, institutional traders, validators, private traders, cryptocurrency developers, token-specific altcoin enthusiasts, and token foundations, and conceptualize solutions to address their particular needs
- Collaborate with engineers specializing in blockchain, distributed systems, devops, mobile, web, testing, or another core competency in conjunction with the executive team to drive consensus and key outcomes
- Determine project scope and direction for specific deliverables from a product roadmap in coordination with a technical product manager
- Create architecture diagrams and technical documentation to support all of Sifchain
- Evaluate the platforms, tools, libraries, languages, coding standards, and so forth to be used in project development
- Evaluate existing blockchain software from Sifchain or external products to identify areas for improvement
- Benchmark Sifchain’s constituent components according to performance categories security, reliability, availability, and speed, and develop and evangelize upgrade proposals
- Help debug any errors or issues that arise
- Ensure architectural integrity in accordance with best practices and software design principles such as SOLID from conception to implementation
- 5+ years of engineering or software architecture experience
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Ability to streamline and organize projects and people
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Clear and coherent written communication, including visual representations of data and architecture design
- Familiarity with several coding languages and frameworks
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred)
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Understand the tradeoffs of performance, compute, and memory and simultaneously optimize for all three.
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Track record of working on hard problems including job scheduling, concurrency, and scaling.
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Ability to think about protocol design, network design, and systems design from first principles
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- You want to work on building things the “right” way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- Independent and self-driven
- Experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, or Zookeeper
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects
- Working with edge deployments (low-latency and heavily distributed)
- Background in cryptography or networking
- Background in academic economics or finance
- Familiarity with Cosmos, Tendermint, or Thorchain
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language
- Familiarity with Ethereum development tools like Drizzle, Truffle, and Infura
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
How to Apply
Please email your resume to [email protected].