At Sifchain we are in the process of launching an Omnichain Decentralized Exchange. This is a unique technical undertaking that continues to attract interest and excitement from a multitude of well known investors in the blockchain sphere. In fact, the private sale round was oversubscribed within two days of its announcement. Investors recognize that our offering has unique benefits over both CEXes and existing DEXes, and has the potential to fundamentally change the DeFi ecosystem. The team is led by a blockchain architect from Thorchain, which raised its liquid market cap from $1M to over $150M in two years.
The blockchain engineering team at Sifchain is looking for a talented blockchain engineer to do foundational development work by helping to define and deliver against a coherent product roadmap.
As a Blockchain Engineer you would design, implement, deploy, and support blockchain architecture. Your work would both directly and indirectly affect multiple blockchains and their auxiliary systems. You should be comfortable with the core primitives of blockchain, including distributed systems, fault tolerance, security, cryptography, networking, microeconomics, and performance optimization. You should be willing to implement your work on any blockchain or on cross-chain platforms such as ChainBridge, Peggy, Rosetta, and Rainbow Bridge.
You’d optimize Sifchain’s validators' reliability, security, and availability while ensuring they interface elegantly with external blockchains. You’d help architect low latency, real-time microservices that support data relay from one validator to each other, or to external API services where users can monitor the network health and other telemetric data. You’d also read research papers from academia or industry and implement cutting edge solutions from them.
As a Sifchain team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers specializing in devops, distributed systems, system architecture, testing, and other related fields. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core Sifchain team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is helpful but we are primarily interested in capacity to grow into the role. You should have prior experience in developing high-quality backend architecture and some passing knowledge of how such architecture principles should apply to blockchains. You should be willing to learn and extend the technical architecture of entirely new blockchain protocols.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Researching external blockchain systems, understanding how they implement solutions to core blockchain problems (such as consensus, account management, cryptography, fungibility, identity, data storage, and performance), and designing ways to integrate them with Sifchain
- Developing application-specific features such as liquidity pools, margin trading, liquidity mining, custom consensus logic, and order books into a blockchain at both the smart contract and protocol level
- Evaluating the microeconomic (decision theoretic and game theoretic) attributes of a cryptoeconomic design in terms of practicality, fairness, completeness, and capital efficiency, as well as identifying and documenting the relevant assumptions and externalities
- Deploying, testing, and benchmarking nodes (such as validators and miners) in many different cloud environments and with different configurations
- Developing with sound testing and debugging practices
- Creating technical documentation and well-commented code for open source consumption
- Collaborating with developers on all parts of the stack internally for auxiliary products such as wallets and block explorers
- Participating in open source development on shared resources with external development teams
- Communicating progress to Sifchain’s developer community through Youtube, Telegram, Discord, and developer forums in coordination with a technical product manager
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred).
- Experience with blockchain software development on at least one popular ecosystem such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cosmos, Polkadot, Chainlink, Tron, Stellar, Tezos, Neo, or another similar ecosystem
- Empathy with the user experience for cryptocurrencies; including software elements like wallets, block explorers, testnets, 3rd party custodians, and node status visualizers; text elements like developer documentation and tutorials; and event elements like price volatility, feature announcements, and partnership announcements
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability. Understanding of the tradeoffs of performance, compute, and memory and simultaneously optimize for all three.
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Track record of working on hard problems including job scheduling, concurrency, and scaling.
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Ability to think about protocol design, network design, and systems design from first principles
- Understanding of rational decision-making among agents and the systemic effects thereof
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Desire to work on building things the “right” way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- Independence and self-motivation
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Experience with multi-agent simulation systems
- Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, or Zookeeper
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects
- Working with edge deployments (low-latency and heavily distributed)
- Background in cryptography or networking
- Background in academic economics or finance
- Familiarity with Cosmos, Tendermint, or Thorchain
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language
- Familiarity with Ethereum development tools like Drizzle, Truffle, and Infura
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
How to Apply
Please email your resume to [email protected].