O(1) Labs is aiming to develop the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our team is based in San Francisco, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
We’re bringing Coda Protocol to market, a cryptocurrency that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets. It can scale to thousands of transactions per second and millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for cellphones to be fully verifying nodes.
We’re working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. We believe it’s important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, engineering, product design, economics, and sociology. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
We’re seeking a frontend engineer who is also excited by building beautiful products. There is no need to have prior experience in crypto, and we’re hiring engineers to work on a bunch of exciting projects including:
- Wallet software that is a joy to use, with innovative onboarding and account recovery mechanisms.
- The product side of developer tools and SDKs
- Imaginative cryptocurrency applications that showcase what’s possible with a lightweight blockchain
- Frontend and product development experience
There are no hard requirements, but any one of the following are excellent qualifications:
- React on web, native iOS, or native android
- ReasonML (bonus for Reason React Native)
- Exposure to functional programming concepts and techniques.
- Native Android and iOS experience
How to Apply
If you’d be interested in talking further, please get in touch by sending an email with your resume and the subject “Frontend Engineer” to [email protected].
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.