This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA.
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
As a Frontend API Engineer you will be constantly improving internal and public APIs, services, tests, and modules. You will be building RESTful API endpoints to improve the experience for our bot traders and support the development of new UI improving the experience for clients. You will be pushing the envelope, introducing new patterns to help us modernize our code base, while maintaining existing endpoints to improve usability. We value security and need someone who is thoughtful with experience probing and reverse engineering APIs so we can work to prevent the same. You will be working closely with the frontend web team to build the best exchange in the world!
- Constantly improving our frontend API systems to enable rapid development
- Refactor legacy code to introduce new patterns and improve the overall quality
- Developing and maintaining tooling
- Optimizing restful services and security to improve client experience
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions.
- A thorough understanding of bash and unix systems.
- A deep understanding of PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Slim, Laravel) PHP 5 & 7 and with the ability to talk about the runtime.
- A deep understanding of RESTful and API design
- Experience building restful JSON web services
- Experience with security best practices (CSP, XSS, CSRF)
- Familiar with limitations of PHP and workarounds
- Experience working with HTTP & RPC APIs
- Experience integrating multiple data sources
- Experience writing concise, readable, testable and reusable code
Nice to Haves
- Experience using React to develop UI/UX experiences
- Experience writing RESTful services in NodeJS or Golang
- Understanding of React
We’re powered by people from the around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.