Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but the developers themselves often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated.
Gitcoin is an incentivization power-tool for open source software projects. Our mission is to grow & sustain open source software, most commonly in web3 ecosystems. We have helped software developers raise over $9mm by enabling institutions and the community to fund each other with cryptocurrency. This means, gone are the days of relying on user-extraction models to build and sustain products.
If you are a principal engineer who is passionate about growing web3 ecosystems so open source development can flourish and replace existing web2 models we want to talk to you :) We need someone who is looking for a leading role in the ethereum space with an amazing team. Join us and help us advance our mission while working with some of the most cutting edge web3 innovators.
- You have been in the hot-seat before. You know how to triage complex issues, and you know how to architect a system to provide fault tolerance,
- You advocate for and understand how to incrementally refactor code to continually improve a codebase while also ensuring that the systems are hardened for parabolic scale.
- You are comfortable working with other people’s code and understand that team work and collective code ownership advances everyone.
- You are driven to create customer value. You can empathize with customers and our user base to understand their needs and make the right decisions to make using the platform as seamless as possible.
- You have a bias towards action. You get things done. When you can’t get them done, you communicate why and what you need to get unblocked.
- You are respectful towards our community, our customers and your teammates.
- You inspire engineers around you to be better at what they do. You inspire the community of coders at Gitcoin.
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a senior software engineer at a tech company or startup.
- Linux and Docker
- Awareness of cross-browser/device/blockchain compatibility issues, scalability and client-side performance considerations is a plus
This is a hands-on role that will enable you to guide and mentor a team while growing the community of open source developers and contributors.
Though we are a fully remote team, preference will be given to US based applicants.
How to Apply
Email [email protected] with a resume, link to your github (if you’re active there), and your favorite meme.