The engineering team at Flipside Crypto is looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build out our suite of analytics products.
As a member of the engineering team at Flipside Crypto, you’ll be responsible for building out the tools and products that the world’s leading blockchains use to convert complex blockchain data into actionable insights.
Our engineering team has extensive expertise across data pipelining, distributed databases, at-scale web-applications, large-scale front-end applications and data visualizations. We work relentlessly towards our goals, and care a great deal about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
In this role you will:
- Build front-end interfaces from the ground up that surface insights and allow blockchain protocols to explore their eco-systems.
- Develop backend APIs to power Flipside’s front-end products.
- Manage the uptime and health of Flipside’s products.
- Develop novel ways to visualize unique blockchain data sets that communicate insight and action.
- Work closely with Flipside’s product and data science teams.
- Work across a variety of tech stacks and programming languages.
You possess many of the following attributes:
- A high bar for the quality of the user experience, the quality of code and ultimately a high attention to detail.
- 5+ years of experience working across both the frontend and backend.
- Excited to be a generalist and willing to do whatever it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Development experience building, running and debugging front-end applications leveraging modern tools, including React, Typescript and NextJS.
- Experience developing Restful APIs.
- Extensive experience with backend data stores, including Postgres and Redis.
- You have experience working with at least one statically typed language (i.e. Go) and experience working with dynamic languages such as Python.
- Comfortable with the command line, and not afraid to get your hands dirty with infrastructure and ops when required.
- You are capable of glueing together different services and tools, even if you haven’t previously worked with them.
- Experience working with product teams in an iterative sprint based manner.
- Relentless when tasked with solving hairy technical challenges.
- Blockchain technology is often uncharted territory, but if you’re comfortable applying your skills in unknown problem spaces, and excited by the idea of creating the standards of tomorrow, you’ll fit right in.
Flipside Crypto provides business intelligence for blockchains. Flipside’s proprietary process extracts all on-chain data and applies labels to transactions in order to identify on-chain behaviors for more than 60 blockchains. The data is accessed via self-service queries with a visual layer for business intelligence dashboards, to provide a clear view of real-time stakeholder behaviors and all token flows. These dashboards can be made public through Flipside’s Data Cooperative or Community Consoles.
Flipside also rates crypto assets using FCAS, a relative value for measuring the fundamental health of cryptocurrency ecosystems. FCAS is accessed nearly 3 million times per day via partners such as CoinMarketCap, Messari, MarketWatch and TheStreet. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.