Note: We’re currently looking for candidates in any timezone! Regardless of where you are, we’d be happy to see you apply, especially if you feel you’re a great fit. This is a remote, full-time position.
Who we are:
Elevenyellow is a multidisciplinary group of people building interesting projects in the crypto space and beyond. From infrastructure, to wallets, to NFT art… our team of 40 has been playing around the space before it was cool. We’re so edgy that we were a 100% remote company in 2013 just in case covid hit ¯_(ツ)_/¯
We didn’t get to this team by adding investors to our cap table - we’re completely bootstrapped, that’s why it took 7 years. This means that we have the long game (40+ years) in our mind and that we share equity/tokens in our projects at a rate that’s completely off-market (for the good).
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a talented, motivated blockchain engineer, with experience in Rust. We are developing some interesting projects in the Terra ecosystem and we’re looking for someone eager to have fun playing in the next frontier of finance.
You are a great fit if you have a demonstrated record of:
- Writing Rust
- Developing, designing, testing and deploying APIs
- Developing high-quality code that is maintainable, performant and accessible
- Continuously exploring opportunities in DeFi, NFT, and crypto space in general
- Taking ownership of your work
- Enjoying working in a team of self-motivated people
What you bring to our engineering team:
- Deep understanding of smart contracts
- Deep understanding of Rust
- Creative problem solving skills with analytical mindset
- Good understanding of continuous integration tools and blockchain management tools
We’re serious about…
- Product Ownership
We believe that when you build a product, it’s your baby (conveniently enough some of our developers are dads so they share this mentality). And well… babies need nurturing!
We’re not looking for somebody to crap out an MVP, we’re looking for someone who wants to build the next best thing with us.
That said, we take pride in our projects. While we launch a lot of them, we like to build in speed and in style. Projects we deem successful require a solid design that’s not just an ugly, out the box template.
Hopefully you like moving QUICKLY. We don’t spend weeks mocking up things. Our developers are quick and talented, meaning we get projects out in the open fast.
We’re not trying to convince you… but we have our perks
- Work remotely: We’re very experienced in working remotely. Feel free to pick up your laptop and work wherever you want, whenever you want. Just make sure you have a good internet connection and we’re good :)
- Take vacay: We know what it feels like to work “too much” and our way of work isn’t meant to be stressful. Time off is the remedy to a lot of things, and we encourage you to take time off work. Three weeks is the minimum.
- Annual Retreats: We do yearly, week-long retreats and we’d love if you joined us (we pay your way, don’t worry). It’s important to meet each other in person and we value time spent with one another (whether that’s on Slack or face-to-face). We’ve met up all over Europe and islands across South East Asia. All in good fun. Last year we went to Gran Canaria, and this year we’ve been to the south of Italy!
- We’re a laid back bunch: While team retreats sound awesome (and they are), our company ethos is what we value the most. Life is all about enjoyment, and work should be too. We’re all laid back and understand the human side of work and play.
Oh and these things too
- Competitive Salary (remuneration depends on experience)
- Health Insurance Coverage (monthly, set budget)
- Self Improvement Budget (monthly, set budget)
- Gym Membership (Monthly, set budget)
Now, here’s what you need to do:
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Mention why you think you’re a good fit for us
- Describe your career highlights (highs and lows, best/worst projects, etc)
- Add your portfolio / things that really define your work
- No CVs/Linkedin, we don’t know how to read those.
We believe applications should be human and conversational. We’d mostly appreciate if you told us who you were and what you wanted to do in life, both personally and professionally.
Of course, please only disclose what you’re comfortable with. And not to forget! We’re an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply. We respect genders, ethnicities, boundaries, friendships, and the human aspect of work.