ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot and Filecoin technology. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript.
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Gossamer and Ethermint.
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors (who can commit to a minimum of 35 hours a week). For those local to Toronto, our casual, open-concept office in Chinatown has meeting rooms, lounge areas, and space to pull up a chair.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Who we need
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive Lead Golang Developer; someone who shares our commitment to building out open source technologies. You will work on cutting-edge technology as part of a collaborative Agile team, ultimately taking on ownership of projects and playing a visionary and architectural role in all project life-cycle elements: research, design, development, testing, Q/A, and deployment.
Who you are
You have deep roots in the blockchain community, stretching your skills, continuously learning, and making a tangible contribution to Web3 ecosystems. You may be a new grad with a portfolio consisting of personal projects and the development of open-source tools. Or, you might be an independent programmer, self-taught in a number of next-generation tools and languages, looking to redirect your skills and your knowledge to a greater purpose.
What’s in it for you
It goes without saying that the work we do at ChainSafe will offer you the most significant technical challenges you can imagine - and some that you can’t. Over and above that, you will gain:
- Peer and community recognition. You want to make a meaningful contribution to the open source work that is driving the Web3 infrastructure and blockchain space forward, becoming a master of the domain. We are actively contributing to the Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot, and Filecoin ecosystems and are open to contributing to other Web3 ecosystems where we see the merit.
- Mentorship - and the chance to lead. You want to be mentored by experts in bleeding-edge technology and the services we build and support, with an opportunity to mentor and facilitate learning and growth for those newer to the work.
- Fulfillment. You want to work with the best people, on cutting edge technologies, contributing to an incredible range of projects that have an impact individually and as a whole.
How you will make a difference
- Grow. You will maintain and expand a deep understanding of the relevant technology and ecosystems through Meetups, Discord, Github, podcasts, articles, forums, and conversations with your peers here and in your professional sphere. In turn, you will provide support and training for other developers, guiding and reviewing their code.
- Be hands-on from end-to-end. You will play a key role in architectural and design decisions; write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code; automate tasks through appropriate tools and script; collaborate with internal and external teams to fix and improve products.
- Plan. You will work with the Project Manager to effectively plan projects and identify, prioritize, and delegate tasks. You will participate in discussions with various project stakeholders.
What you bring
- The practical, proven experience. You have expertise in Golang, including paradigms, constructs, idioms, and debugging tools. You have full-cycle software development experience, preferably building distributed systems or applications. You can write clean and effective documentation.
- The knowledge. You have a concrete understanding of core blockchain concepts and a basic understanding of cryptography and common applications.
- The passion. You are a vocal advocate for open source technologies and decentralized systems. You spend your waking hours thinking about, learning, and applying new findings as an active member of the blockchain community. You have a portfolio or GitHub profile demonstrating your contributions to Web3 projects. You are genuinely excited to be part of our mission.
- The team leadership ability. You are a coach, a guide, a translator, a remover-of-obstacles, a facilitator-of-discussions, and a mentor. You want to help the team thrive within our established culture of trust, openness, respect, and collaboration.
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an Agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer fast opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
Tell us who you are and learn more about us.
If you are ready to join us, assemble your highlights (GitHub, portfolio, LinkedIn) and show us your best work. Get ready to have incredible conversations with passionate developers like yourself. For our team’s project highlights, explore our Discord, GitHub, and website.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are - and why we do what we do. Our leadership is committed to continuously improving their own level of education to make the fairest and inclusive hiring and performance decisions from an informed perspective. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices.
If at any time we can provide accommodations to facilitate your application and interview process, please let us know. We will strive to meet your needs.
Sound like a good fit for you? Please apply at [email protected].