ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Cosmos, Polkadot and Filecoin technology. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript.
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Gossamer and Ethermint.
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors (who can commit to a minimum of 35 hours a week). For those local to Toronto, our casual, open-concept office in Chinatown has meeting rooms, lounge areas, and space to pull up a chair.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Who we need
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive DevOps Engineer to work with our teams to deliver CI/CD pipelines, developer tooling and production deployments. As a DevOps Engineer at ChainSafe, you can expect to interact with a wide range of Web3 technologies. You will be expected to take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment and maintenance of systems with a strong focus on security and modularity.
- Architect infrastructure and deploy production systems
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support teams during development and release cycles
- Build tooling to reduce the overhead of deployment and monitoring
- Produce and update documentation of standards and procedures
- Provide on-demand support as needed
- Prepare disaster recovery and incident response plan for production deployments
- Implement best practices and cost optimization strategies
- At least 2 years of prior devops or otherwise relevant industry experience
- Intermediate knowledge in developing scalable & secure cloud networking architecture
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS (IAM, EC2, VPC, Security Group, Cloudwatch)
- Intermediate experience in developing in and Infrastructure-as-a-Code (IaaC) solution like Terraform and/or AWS Cloudformation
- Capable of constructing and orchestrating Docker-based infrastructure
- Very comfortable with Linux systems
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn and master new tooling
- Strong opinions about how to build a sensible and safe cloud environment
- Experience with backing up, provisioning & disaster recover production databases
- Knowledge in any VCS such as Git, SVN or Mercurial
Nice to have
- Familiarity with a variety of cloud providers (GCP, Azure, Alibaba Cloud etc)
- Understanding of blockchain or distributed systems
- Experience using Prometheus. Grafana, ELK Stack and other metrics tooling
- Experience with Kubernetes, Hashicorp Stack (Nomad, Consul, Vault) and micro-service architecture
- Experience with any configuration management system such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Certification from any major cloud provider
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an Agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer fast opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
Tell us who you are and learn more about us
If you are ready to join us, assemble your highlights (GitHub, portfolio, LinkedIn) and show us your best work. Get ready to have incredible conversations with passionate developers like yourself. For our team’s project highlights, explore our Discord, GitHub, and website.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are - and why we do what we do. Our leadership is committed to continuously improving their own level of education to make the fairest and inclusive hiring and performance decisions from an informed perspective. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices.
If at any time we can provide accommodations to facilitate your application and interview process, please let us know. We will strive to meet your needs.
Sound like a good fit for you? Please apply at [email protected].