As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll work directly with the company’s CTO, CEO, and a technical team of other senior engineers to enable the future architecture of Chainlink. You will have the opportunity to learn, master, and apply the latest research concerning cryptography, blockchains, game theory, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level. We live by an open-source ethos and believe in giving back to the community.
- Oversee reliable application and network infrastructure focusing on time to recovery, monitoring, reduced downtime during upgrades, and disaster recovery
- Work directly with AWS in an expert capacity using Terraform
- Apply the 12-factor app methodology to blockchain infrastructure appropriately
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our service
- Build tools and systems for a great developer user experience
- 5+ years of professional software development
- B.S. or higher in computer science or a similar technical field
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Knowledge of system design concepts
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Excitement about building, operating and maintaining resilient, scalable services
- Demonstrated understanding of container networking and security
- Comfort working with network protocols, proxies and load balancers
- Experience building highly available services at scale
- Professional experience with Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Rust
- Experience with distributed systems
- Ability to optimize and refactor for scaling and/or testability
- Experience defining security strategies and securing high-value systems
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies
- Comfort with pair programming
- Comfortable working remotely in a distributed team
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world’s largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.