About the BIS Innovation Hub:
With centres located in Switzerland, Hong Kong SAR and Singapore, and new centres to be opened in Toronto, London, Frankfurt & Paris and Stockholm, together with a strategic partnership in New York, the BIS Innovation Hub (BISIH) explores and promotes technological innovation in the financial sector.
The BIS Innovation Hub was established in 2019 to identify and develop in-depth insights into critical trends in financial technology of relevance to central banks, to explore the development of public goods to enhance the functioning of the global financial system, and to serve as a focal point for a network of central bank experts on innovation. Among the projects currently under way are explorations into the development of regulatory and supervisory technological practices, the global payment stack, tokenisation, digitalisation of the trade process and monitoring of fast-paced markets.
The BISIH relies on a multidisciplinary team who are committed to innovation and who collaborate globally on projects and research involving new financial technology. In this context, we are looking for a number of technical experts (software engineers and solution architects with a corporate title of Adviser) in DLT and Blockchain technologies for our Swiss and Hong Kong SAR centres.
Your contribution to our mission:
As a DLT / Blockchain expert, you will lead and oversee projects for the development of new technological solutions in the digital asset space, such as central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), tokenised securities (e.g. equities and bonds) and token-based payment systems. You will be helping to improve the functioning of the global financial system by providing technical leadership in developing the next generation of distributed platforms.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead engineering and prototype development projects for digital assets of relevance to central banks, such as CBDCs, tokenised securities and token-based payment systems. This includes the design, build and deployment of ‘proof-of-concept’ DLT / Blockchain projects.
- Provide expertise on distributed computing, algorithms, cryptography, cybersecurity, consensus protocols and smart contracts.
- Analyse and select optimal design choices and technical configurations, while focussing on interoperability.
- Collaborate with other BISIH centres, central banks, international organisations and research community on these topics and related implications.
- Represent the BISIH at official meetings, industry and academic conferences and events.
What we are looking for:
- Academic qualification in computer science, engineering or another technology-related field
- Strong engineering or software development background
- Hands-on coding experience in one or more of the coding languages, e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala, Go, Solidity, PHP
- Experience and deep knowledge of distributed ledger technologies (DLT), algorithms, cryptography and cybersecurity
- Track-record of design thinking, and effective project and resource management, from ideation to build
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to solve highly complex problems and design trade-offs
- Experience in the Agile, Scrum and/or DevOps
- Self-motivated and pro-active, taking ownership and personal accountability to achieve assigned objectives
- Team player with ability to collaborate, and work effectively and constructively with colleagues across different locations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including being able to explain highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
What we offer:
In return, we offer a unique, highly rewarding, international work environment giving you broad and varied exposure to a range of digital asset technologies. You will have the opportunity to interact with other technical experts both within the central bank community and beyond.
You will receive a competitive compensation package (net of tax), including a comprehensive set of expat and relocation benefits and allowances. In addition, because of our status as an international organisation, we are able to hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities and located anywhere in the world. This is an excellent opportunity to work at the hub for central bank cooperation and the chance to work in an international environment alongside colleagues from more than 60 countries.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.
Application Deadline: 07/10/2020