Join us as we reimagine the future of money and the internet. Our mission is to make them more open and fair, driving new economic opportunities and putting people in control of their digital lives.
To start we’ve built the first crypto wallet with the simplicity and security of the best new bank apps - yet we never hold users’ assets. It takes the complexity out of Ethereum and is driven by our dedication to user experience.
We launched in 2018 and have a world-class team with experience scaling mobile apps to tens of millions of users. Our eclectic backgrounds include PhDs in nuclear physics and quantum cryptography. We’re fortunate to be backed by the top VCs in Europe, including Index Ventures, Creandum and firstminute capital.
The Senior Solidity Engineer role
You’ll be crucial to our effort to build the best smart-contract based wallet on Ethereum.
You have proven experience building top-tier smart-contract based applications running on mainnet and you deeply understand the difficulty of tackling complex problems with simple and secure Solidity code. As a Solidity expert you’ll always look for the best solution and write code that is clean and easy to audit, yet efficient in terms of deployment, execution and maintenance.
Ideally you are passionate about the evolution of Solidity and the EVM, and you’ll be constantly looking to try new patterns to improve the existing code base and make it more simple, more efficient and more secure.
In this role you’ll work closely with a small team of highly skilled and experienced frontend and backend engineers, and you will take ownership of the entire smart-contract development lifecycle, including managing the relation with external auditors and deploying the contracts to our test and production environments.
- 1+ years experience developing smart contracts on mainnet
- Deep understanding of Solidity, Assembly, and the EVM
- Experience with smart-contract patterns such as upgradability, proxy wallets, meta-transactions, and counterfactual deployment
- Good understanding of basic cryptography
- Knowledge of emerging Ethereum technologies such as state channels, side-chains, zk-SNARKS and zk-STARKS
- 3+ years as a software engineer
- Being an active member of the dev community (e.g. experience contributing to EIPs)
- Ability to work well with design, mobile platform and backend teams
- Enjoys working on unfamiliar problems, challenging others and being challenged in turn
How we work
We work remotely, transparently and balance Argent with the rest of our lives. We’ve all got loved ones with unpredictable schedules, be they kids or cats.
Although we’re a distributed team you’ll need to be based in the UK or Europe. This is because we find communication much easier when we’re in similar time zones and a short flight away. Within Europe you can choose to work wherever you like!
We get together for a week every quarter so we can collaborate in person, explore new solutions, and have fun. So far we’ve played pétanque in Nice, bonded in Brussels and (tried to) surf in Lisbon.
At the heart of what we do is making crypto accessible to everyone. We want the team itself to reflect that diversity so we’d strongly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.