Argent’s mission is to make the next era of the internet - the decentralised web - accessible to everyone. We want a web that you can trust, where you control your own data, assets and identity. And we’re committed to making the user experience even better than the defining products of the existing web.
We’re an ambitious team, led by experienced entrepreneurs, funded by the top VCs in Europe. You’ll be working alongside PhDs in nuclear physics, quantum cryptography, and decentralised cognitive networks; and former founders and CTOs that have scaled mobile apps to tens of millions of users.
Our first step is to build the world’s simplest and safest mobile crypto wallet.
About the Senior Backend Engineer position
We’re looking for a versatile and passionate backend developer who will join our team of talented engineers.
You’ll design and operate the backend services that fuel our decentralised application, develop innovative services on top of Ethereum nodes, and help continuously improve our engineering practices.
Senior Backend Engineer responsibilities are:
- Develop new services that will enable seamless interactions between mobile clients and smart contracts
- Lead the architecture, development and operation of our backend infrastructure in a DevOps manner
- Build a layer of innovative services on top of Ethereum nodes
- Continuously improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems
- Research and recommend testing and automation tools
- Review and enforce security best-practices for all internal and external services
- Collaborate closely with the other engineering teams to ensure an overall efficient architecture of our product
Senior Backend Engineer requirements are:
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering scalable distributed systems in Java and a good knowledge of Node.js. Knowledge of Go is a plus
- Knowledge of the Ethereum platform is a plus as our back-end interacts with our Ethereum smart contracts.
- Hands-on experience in designing and operating a secure infrastructure on AWS
- Getting your hands dirty and you are never afraid to experiment with technology
- Good knowledge of cryptography and security best practices
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Being comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment with a lot of unknowns
How we work?
We are a distributed team but find communication much easier when working on similar time zones and a short flight distance. You’ll need to be based in the UK or Europe.
Every quarter we get together for a week to hang out, build, and explore new solutions.