At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in an industry fraught with unexplored territory. By joining the team, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital assets, and play an important role in shaping the future of how the world sees and uses digital currency. We’ve grown to be among the largest and most successful crypto exchanges in the world and this is an opportunity to join a market leader in an emerging global industry, with growth rate and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, in a position to succeed. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers and we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
Kraken is expanding our rapidly scaling product and UX team comprised of talented, experienced and passionate rockstars at the center of the technology, design and finance industries. We are creating the most advanced and sophisticated cryptocurrency trading and investment products in the world while relishing every moment along the way. Join the revolution alongside pioneers and thought leaders of the crypto movement!
About the Role
Note: This role is based in San Francisco.
At Kraken we are customer-focused, user-centered and data-driven. We are searching for an experienced, curious and meticulous UX Researcher who will help us determine the behaviors, needs, motivations and goals of our existing and potential clients by conducting quantitative and qualitative research with field studies, user interviews, usability tests, benchmarking, competitive analyses, analytics, persona workshops, heuristic evaluations, surveys and design sprints. You will be collaborating with our talented multidisciplinary Interaction (UX)/Visual (UI) Designers, Product Managers, Content Strategists, Frontend Developers, Business Analysts and stakeholders to strategize, ideate and create innovative, intuitive trading and investment products in an Agile environment. Your role will also be integral in defining user and product requirements, prioritization, bridging the gap and aligning our Product strategy with Business goals. In a globally distributed company, we value collaboration and communication; team members and executive stakeholders are just a Slack message away happy to give feedback and learn from research insights.
We need an analytical, collaborative, highly-motivated, process-oriented self-starter with an insatiable curiosity to question everything. Competitive salaries, amazing perks, remote work and travel opportunities, beautiful HQ office, stock incentives, flexible hours, and open PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work. If you value having a seat at the table and want to make a big impact on guiding the design and direction of product development at one of the top crypto exchanges in the world, this role is for you.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a UX Researcher with a portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. case studies, surveys, user research reports, persona exercises, etc.)
- Strong grasp of Lean UX and User-Centered Design principles
- Be able to adapt quickly to change
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement with a desire to make the best trading platform in the world.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and using it to ultimately improve the end result.
- Informed about current and emerging trends in crypto, FinTech, product development and design
- Be a team player, take initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written), presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; requires the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with Designers, Product Managers, Content Strategists and Frontend Developers in an Agile organization.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Mastery with using UX collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Invision, Mural, etc.)
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Wrike, Asana)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Designers, Product Managers, Content Strategists, Frontend Developers create innovative and intuitive products.
- Create a standard qualitative and quantitative research process which includes, but not limited to, field studies, user interviews, usability tests, benchmarking, competitive analyses, persona workshops, heuristic evaluations, surveys, A/B testing, design sprints.
- Be the detective for Kraken and systematically investigate user behavior that will drive impact to the business and client experience, as measured by changes to the design and development roadmap.
- Work and knowledge-share with Business Analysts and strategists to ensure Product strategy and roadmap is aligned with business goals; help create KPIs to measure success.
- Deep-dive into our market segmentation profiles and create meaningful personas that would help us optimize for our vastly different users; analyze quantitative data for user behavior patterns that support personas.
- Maintain and add to external and internal Client Advisory Panel.
- Be a strategic partner within the product organization, as a whole, to identify problems, define user and product requirements, make educated evidence-based hypotheses, test and validate results and iterate constantly.
- Evangelize UX and research insights within the broader organization through thorough detailed reports and presentations.
We’re powered by people from the around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.