Deep Work provides radically better design for technical teams and founders. Our client engagements run in Hypersprints - efficient and enjoyable combinations of workshop sessions, prototype design and user testing.
Deep Work is self-funded. We’re two founders, previously freelancers, who built Deep Work from scratch with our own resources and work. We’re eager to grow and work with a network of design freelancers and workshop facilitators, always making sure we can all influence the direction of Deep Work together.
Our website - https://deepwork.studio/
As a user researcher, your task is to organize, run, interpret, summarize and present the results of 5 user interviews on the product designed by the team. This requires excellent writing skills and a precise use of language to make testers feel comfortable while asking them questions about their honest thoughts. You are also responsible to guide the client through the findings in an honest manner, which highlights positive but also negative feedback, while giving them confidence in the quality of the outcome and support with further improvements of the product.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience leading user interviews for research purposes, summarising empirical results and presenting them succinctly
- Deep understanding of product design, user experience and client needs, with regards to product strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident communication with clients, expectation management and being able to make them feel comfortable regardless of their stress levels.
- Understanding and interest in the evolving web3 space, its product challenges, blockchain applications and token economics.
Offer from Deep Work
We work with a network of external consultants. Selecting product designers, workshop facilitators and user testers for each client project. We’re expanding our network and need more user researchers. Our researchers charge a day rate for their work and a typical commitment looks like the following:
- Preparation - Hand over from a creative director to understand the project and client requirements.
- Three Days Collaboration Sessions - These are being facilitated by the rest of our team and you receive a brief summarising the intentions of the client.
- Prototype Design - This is being designed by our prototype designers and you receive a brief of the result and the prototype files.
- User Testing - You write an interview guide and conduct five 30min-interviews with potential users on one day.
- Final Report - On the next day you summarise the findings into a report and present them to the team and client.
How to Apply
All our network of collaborators go through the following process:
- Application - we review applications and reply with a yes or no to move forward.
- Interview - we interview successful applications on a short zoom call.
- Shadowing - Experts shadow an existing facilitator on a sprint, depending on your skill level, you will have a degree of responsibility in the process.
- Approval - The expert on the sprint provides feedback and decides if you get accepted to be a lead expert on a project next time.
- Expert - You can then be selected to lead facilitate future Deep Work projects, on a full rate and with full responsibility.