Deep Work provides radically better design for technical teams and founders. Our client engagements run in Hypersprints - efficient and enjoyable combinations of workshop sessions, prototype design and user testing.
Deep Work is self-funded. We’re two founders, previously freelancers, who built Deep Work from scratch with our own resources and work. We’re eager to grow and work with a network of design freelancers and workshop facilitators, always making sure we can all influence the direction of Deep Work together.
Our website - https://deepwork.studio/
UX/UI & Product Designer
As a product designer, your task is to understand the collective vision of the product and create a visual prototype, which can act as the basis for a user test. It needs to look undistinguishable from a real product and have a flawless user experience, aimed at visualizing the main intentions of the team. You are also responsible for guiding the teams decisions to create a cohesive user journey and usable information architecture. In some cases, your task will also be to create a unique visual identity, which will make the product appealing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience designing interfaces, creating user journeys and a flawless user experience.
- Deep understanding of the product design cycle and client needs, with regards to product strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding or interest in the evolving web3 space, its product challenges, blockchain applications and token economics.
Offer from Deep Work
We work with a network of external consultants. Selecting product designers, workshop facilitators and user testers for each client project. We’re expanding our network and need more product designers. Our designers charge a day rate for their work and a typical commitment looks like the following:
- Preparation - Hand over from a team member to understand the project and client requirements.
- Three Days Collaboration Sessions - Support a workshop facilitator in 4-hours a day (we don’t work more than that to optimise productivity and getting the most out of you and our clients). This is the focus of the day and is not be fitted around other projects.
- Prototype / User Testing - Based on a detailed storyboard from the workshops, you take over the product designer to build the prototype. You have 3 days to finish it with appropriate visual fidelity and hand over to the user research to interview users.
- Final Report - You present the prototype in the summary session to the client, talking about your creative decisions and answering questions about the design and UX.
After the Hypersprint, we often but not always, continue work with the client. Deliverables can include:
- UX Iteration - taking the results of the feedback, iterating on the prototype design, re-testing to prove our solutions solved the problem.
- UI Iteration - More focus on the visual design of the application.
- Component Libraries - Creating component libraries for the client’s front-end team to implement.
How to Apply
All our network of collaborators go through the following process:
- Application - we review applications and reply with a yes or no to move forward.
- Interview - we interview successful applications on a short zoom call.
- Shadowing - Experts shadow an existing product designer on a sprint, depending on your skill level, you will have a degree of responsibility in the process. For the shadowing process, we pay a rate of $300/day for each of the 4-hour collaboration sessions.
- Approval - The expert on the sprint provides feedback and decides if you get accepted to be a lead expert on a project next time.
- Expert - You can then be selected to lead facilitate future Deep Work projects, on a full rate and with full responsibility.